2017 Summer Reading List – the top 10 best books to read this summer!
Hello, Summer! It’s officially my favorite time of year…time for daily walks on the beach, ice cream cones, garden tending, and settling in with some good books! This year’s list is a mix of recent favorites, suspenseful thrillers, historical fiction (my favorite), and good old indulgent beach reads.
Happy Summer, friends. Let’s get reading! Click on the title to see the Amazon synopsis.
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins – the latest from the author of Girl on A Train, enough said!
- The Golden Hour by T. Greenwood – just discovered this author and am LOVING every one of her books.
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman – the movie prompted me to finally read this unique World War II novel based on true events.
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan – love the tagline, “Eat Food. Not Too Much. Mostly Plants.” That’s it right there.
- The Identicals by Elin Hildrebrand – summer is not complete without the latest beachy read from Hilderbrand.
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly – because I can’t get enough of World War II stories.
- Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan – halfway through this generational family drama and I can’t put it down!
- Love Real Food by Kathryne Taylor – love her blog and food philosophy and I can always use another cook book 😉
- The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian – read this in about 1.25 days, it’s that good.
- Loving Eleanor by Susan Wittig Albert – my Book Club just finished this fictional account of the intimate relationship between Eleanor Roosevelt and her journalist. Fascinating!