Shredded crockpot chicken is combined with a light and creamy homemade Caesar dressing in this super versatile recipe. This Chicken Caesar Salad is an excellent option for a make ahead healthy lunch.
Prepping lunch and breakfast items on Sunday for the week ahead is my number one tip for reducing stress during the busy work week. If you have a family and kids, you know how hard it can be to prepare healthy options for everyone on a daily basis. Often, Mom’s lunch is the one that gets neglected! My solution: take just a little extra time on the weekend to prepare a big batch of something – soup, salad, etc. – something that you can easily portion out and grab for lunch.
This Chicken Caesar Salad is so simple…cook up a bunch of chicken in the crockpot (salt and pepper is all the seasoning you need) and whip up the homemade dressing in your food processor. Served over lettuce, this is a perfect gluten free or carb free meal. I also like it in a wrap with lettuce and tomatoes. Jazz it up however you like!
Here’s some more inspiration for healthy make ahead lunch salads:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken I made this in the crockpot
- 4-5 tablespoons homemade Caesar dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt Fage is my favorite
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste