15 Whole30 Pantry List Essentials (Paleo Whole30) – must-have, can’t-live-without pantry items that you’ll use everyday on your Whole30 journey!
For all of you preparing for a January Whole30, I have the list for you!! These are my must-have pantry staples for surviving a round of Whole30. As I prep to start a round of Whole30 on January 2, I am busy making meal plans and grocery lists. If you’re new to Whole30, you can follow along by following my Instagram account for daily tips, recipes, and progress updates and subscribing here:
I believe effective prepping and planning ahead is the key to Whole30 success. Hectic mornings and busy evenings can easily derail one from the plan, so having essentials on hand is extra helpful. The following items will be making VERY frequent appearances in my favorite recipes and meal plans, so I like to stock up. Nearly all of these items can be found in your local grocery store, but if you’re looking to simplify and buy on-line or in bulk, I’ve included suggestions and links on where to purchase. In a few cases, I’ve included homemade versions that are just as good and can save you some $$!
- Ghee & Grass Fed Butter (for making ghee)
- Buy it here: Himalayan Pink Salt Grass Fed Ghee Butter or Kerrygold Irish Butter
- How to use it: cooking, sautéing, on veggies, potatoes, etc.
2. Coconut Milk
- Buy it here: Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk (pack of 6). It’s worth buying in bulk, you will use a lot of it!
- How to use it: soups, homemade dressing
3. Compliant Mayonnaise
- Buy it here: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo OR make your own Homemade Whole30 Mayo
- How to use it: protein salads, making homemade Ranch dressing
- Buy it here: Primal Palate Organic Spices OR save some serious $$ and make your own Homemade Seasoning Blends
- How to use it: for flavoring your food
5. Compliant Broth (Chicken, Vegetable, Beef)
- Buy it here: there are lots of available brands like this Imagine Organic Chicken Broth, but you’ll get the most nutrients from making your own bone broth. Or make your own Instant Pot Vegetable Broth (from scraps)
- How to use it: all the soups, such as Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup and Creamy Cauliflower Soup
6. Coconut Aminos
- Buy it here: Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- How to use it: in place of soy sauce such as in these Egg Roll Bowls and Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
7. Avocado Oil
8. Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Buy it here: Frank’s Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- How to use it: on anything and everything, especially this Buffalo Chicken Casserole
9. Almond Flour
- Buy it here: Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour
- How to use it: Meatballs such as these Mini Turkey Meatballs
10. Almond Butter
- Buy it here: Justin’s Almond Butter or other compliant brand
- How to use it: occasional use only, as a snack
- Buy it here: Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes and Organic Diced Tomatoes
- How to use it: sauces and soups such as Quick Marinara Sauce and Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
12. Arrowroot Powder
- Buy it here: Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch
- How to use it: thickening agent in sauces
13. Minced Garlic
- Buy it here: Kirkland Minced Garlic – best to buy in bulk because you’ll go through a lot of it!
- How to use it: soups, roasted veggies, marinades, etc.
14. Salad Dressings
- Buy it here: find compliant brands/flavors such as Primal Kitchen Greek Dressing or make your own Whole30 Ranch Dressing
- How to use it: on green salads, roasted vegetables, and protein salads
15. Emergency Snack Bars
- Buy it here: Larabars. Fruit/nut combos only – sorry, no chocolate chip varieties! Cashew Cookie, Apple Pie, and Carrot Cake are just a few of the compliant flavors.
- How to use it: as a snack/sweet option to be used in emergencies only, not everyday!
*This post contains affiliate links