Apple Cider Pulled Chicken in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker (Whole30 Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken (Whole30 Paleo) – a sweet and savory pulled chicken recipe, flavored with fresh apple cider. This super quick and easy recipe, made in the Instant Pot, will be a family favorite! Slow Cooker instructions included.
Apple season in Michigan is one of my favorite seasons. I love all the delicious ways to use fresh picked apples. Applesauce, apple cake, apple butter…and now this Apple Cider Pulled Chicken! Flavored with fresh apple cider, this chicken is tender and juicy, and perfect for a quick weeknight meal or for feeding a crowd.
Best of all, this recipe can be included in your Whole30/Paleo diet. Only simple, real ingredients make up this meal. I have two criteria for new recipes; they have to be fuss free and family friendly. I believe simplicity in the kitchen is best when it comes to feeding a family and this recipe totally fits the bill!
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Recipe
As usual, I look to my beloved Instant Pot for a quick version of my favorite recipes. This pulled chicken can also be made in the slow cooker, but I like the convenience of the Instant Pot for a fast weeknight dinner. Simply place all ingredients in the pot and the chicken is done in about 20 minutes! The flavors of the apples, onions, and garlic infuse the chicken for a mouth watering meal! I love this apple cider chicken over rice or cauliflower rice and paired with my Curried Broccoli Slaw.
Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Variations
Use boneless skinless chicken breast in place of thighs. Either one is great!
For Meal Prep, pack individual servings with Curried Broccoli Slaw.
Use in tacos, topped with your favorite fixings.
Top with a smoky barbecue sauce and on a bun for non-Paleo/Whole30.
Try this recipe with a pork loin or roast. If using the Instant Pot, adjust cooking time as pork requires additional cooking time.
Is Apple Cider Whole30 Compliant?
Yes, as an ingredient. Fruit juices are allowed on Whole30, but only as sweeteners/flavoring in recipes and not to be drunk as a beverage. Just be sure to check for added sugar, which is not allowed!
More Apple Inspired Recipes
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pulled Chicken (Whole30 Paleo)
- 1.5 lbs boneless ckinless chicken thighs, trimmed of extra fat
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 crisp apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup apple cider, no sugar added
- Place onion, apple slices, and garlic in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken thighs on top of onions and apples. Sprinkle with salt and pour apple cider over chicken.
- Seal lid and cook on Manual setting for 15 minutes. Allow natural release when cycle is complete.
- Shred the chicken right in the pot using forks. If desired, turn on the Saute function and let the mixture simmer for several minutes to reduce the liquid.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place onions, apple slices, and garlic in the slow cooker and top with the chicken, salt, and apple cider. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken.
*this post contains affiliate links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here