Asian Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza – a fun twist on traditional BBQ chicken pizza, and so deliciously simple and tasty.
This Asian Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza is lovely as an appetizer or even a quick dinner. Naan bread is topped with chicken, green pepper, red onion, a sprinkling of cheese, and a drizzle of homemade Asian barbecue sauce. This sauce seriously takes less than 5 minutes to make! It’s sweet and salty, garlicky and gingery – all of your favorite Asian flavors are there – a perfect compliment to the toppings on this pizza.
Pizza is a favorite and frequent splurge at our house. I love this recipe because it’s a beautiful compromise of savory, indulgent flavors without the heaviness and greasiness of traditional pizza. A drizzle of sauce and a sprinkling of cheese is all you need! Tons of yummy flavors, yet light and super simple to throw together!
Asian Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 2 Naan Bread
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 green pepper sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Asian Barbecue Sauce
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T Hoisin sauce
- 2 T soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place Naan bread on a baking sheet and cover with toppings (chicken, green pepper, red onion, and cheese.)
- In a small sauce pan, combine hoisin, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, honey, and garlic. Whisk together and cook over medium low heat until bubbly and thickened. Add a small amount of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Drizzle sauce over pizzas and bake in oven for about 12 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro over pizzas, cut into wedges, and serve.