Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites (Whole30, Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites (Whole30, Paleo) – a tasty and Whole30 compliant snack, perfect for game day or your next party. Super easy to make and includes three dipping sauce recipes!
Are you missing your favorite game day snacks on a round of Whole30? I know I could go for some chips and salsa right about now! Honestly though, I haven’t missed junk food at all, especially the yucky feeling I have every time I eat something deep fried or loaded with cheese. Definitely a huge take away from this round as I’ve been reflecting…processed cheese and fried foods are not my friend!
I had a version of these bacon wrapped chicken bites at Christmas time (made by my talented chef brother-in-law) that were coated in some sticky sweet chili sauce and I instantly fell in love. Fast forward to my January Whole30, and I was still craving them! So here is my version, minus the sweet sauce, but just as tasty and totally compliant for a Whole30/Paleo lifestyle, complete with some super delicious dipping sauce ideas!
The next time you are invited to a get together where you know there will be loads of tempting off-plan snacks, whip up these little bacon wrapped chicken bites to bring along! They are super quick and your friends will go crazy for them. To really impress, try this trio of dipping sauces – Whole30 Barbecue, Asian Sesame, and Whole30 Ranch.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Start by cutting your chicken breast into strips (or use chicken tenderloins) and coat with seasoning.
Wrap each chicken strip with a piece of bacon, keeping the bacon stretched thin, and cut off any excess.
Place on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake the chicken strips until chicken is done and bacon is crispy. Cut into bite sized pieces.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also love these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings! What’s your favorite Paleo/Whole30 party food that doesn’t taste like “diet food”? I would love to hear your comments!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb sugar free bacon (not a thick cut)
- 2 teaspoons homemade salt free all purpose seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (such as Redmond's Real Salt)
- dipping sauce of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place an oven safe cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet (this will help to crisp the bacon and catch the grease.)
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Combine seasoning and salt and rub onto the chicken strips. Wrap each chicken strip with a piece of bacon, stretching to keep it thin. Cut off any excess bacon at the ends. Place on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven broiler on low and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, flipping once, until bacon is crispy. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into bite size pieces and serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as Whole30 Barbecue, Asian Sesame dressing, or Whole30 Ranch.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here