Best Air Fryer Broccolini
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Air Fryer Broccolini – sweet and tender with a crispy texture, Air Fryer Broccolini is a healthy side dish that is super easy to prepare and ready in under 10 minutes.
Best Broccolini Recipe
Air Fryer Broccolini is our new favorite side dish! Broccolini is similar to regular broccoli, but has very tender stalks, smaller florets, and a milder flavor. It’s perfect for roasting and air frying and is a delicious side dish to any protein or main dish. With just a few simple ingredients, this Air Fryer Broccolini comes together in no time! It’s a cinch to prepare, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- Broccolini (also known as baby broccoli or tenderstem broccoli)
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning (Real Salt makes my favorite organic blend!)
- Avocado Oil
- After cooking, sprinkle broccolini with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Use olive oil spray in place of the avocado oil.
- Substitute the lemon pepper seasoning with sea salt and black pepper or my Homemade Mediterranean Seasoning.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Bump up the lemon flavor by adding a bit of fresh lemon juice or lemon zest.
How to Make Air Fryer Broccolini
- Trim and wash the broccolini and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the broccolini, oil, and lemon pepper seasoning to a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Arrange the broccolini stems in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 6 minutes. It is not necessary to flip the broccolini during cooking time.
What to Serve with Broccolini
Broccolini is an easy side dish that pairs well with a main dish protein or pasta dish. Here are few main dish suggestions for making a complete meal with a side of Air Fryer Broccolini:
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, absolutely. You’ll just want to cook it in batches, so the air fryer basket is not overcrowded.
What is broccolini?
Broccolini is a hybrid vegetable, a cross between regular broccoli and Chinese broccoli (or Chinese kale.) It is similar to traditional broccoli, but with thinner stalks, small florets, and a milder flavor.
Can you eat broccolini stems?
Yes, the florets, stems, and leaves are all edible.
Is broccolini the same as broccoli rabe?
They are both a cruciferous vegetable with thin stalks, but broccoli rabe is leafier and has a more bitter taste, while broccolini has a sweeter flavor.
How to trim broccolini?
Only trim the bottom inch or so and keep the rest of the stalk. Broccolini stalks are very tender and sweet.
Can I make roasted broccolini in the oven?
Yes! No Air Fryer? No problem. Prepare the broccolini as indicated with the oil and seasoning and arrange on a sheet pan. Roast at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes until tender crisp.
How to store and reheat leftovers?
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in a preheated air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
Is broccolini good for you?
Yes! Broccolini is a nutritious vegetable that is high in anti-oxidants, potassium, and iron. It is also rich in fiber, making it a great addition to any meal.
More Easy Air Fryer Side Dishes
Best Air Fryer Broccolini
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1/2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Wash the broccolini and trim the ends of the stems. Pat dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccolini, oil, and lemon pepper seasoning. Toss well.
- Arrange the broccolini in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees for 6 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here