This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
No, not L for lettuce. L is for Leeks! This BLT Frittata is a perfect springtime meal or even Easter brunch!
Frittatas are a wonderfully easy and healthy option for ANY meal of the day and are so customizable. It’s also a great choice for those nights when you need to clean out the frig – just about any protein/veggie combination will work. Or just veggies for a meatless meal. I love this combo of bacon, leeks, and tomatoes, but there are countless options. Seriously, you can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for ideas, here’s another fun mini frittata meal using leftover pizza toppings. Yummy!
Have this for dinner tonight and the leftovers for tomorrow’s breakfast!
- 10 eggs
- 2 T milk
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large leek, sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven proof skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium low heat. Remove from pan, and set aside to drain on a paper towel. Add leeks to the pan and cook in the bacon drippings until soft.
- Meanwhile, whip eggs in a large bowl, adding milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon back to the pan with the leeks and pour in the eggs. Cook over medium low heat, scraping back the edges occasionally to let uncooked eggs run under.
- When eggs are mostly set, place tomato slices on top and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until completely set.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here