Buffalo Chicken Casserole (Whole30 Paleo) – this spaghetti squash casserole will have everyone going back for seconds. Huge chicken wing flavor, packed with protein and veggies, and gluten/carb free!
Classic buffalo chicken wing flavor in a comforting casserole with absolutely zero carbs, gluten, or dairy! It may not be the prettiest, and I know I say this a lot, but I’m calling this my new favorite recipe! Whether you stick to a Whole30/Paleo diet or not, this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole is a must make.
Made with spaghetti squash, shredded chicken, veggies, eggs, and buffalo sauce, this recipe does involve a few steps in the prep stage. I always prefer simple recipes that don’t require multiple steps to make, but this one is worth the extra bit of time. I usually make this Buffalo Chicken Casserole on Meal Prep Sunday, when I’m already doing lots of prep, and eat it all week for lunch. It’s also great for feeding a crowd or a family friendly dinner.
Skeptical about spaghetti squash? I was too but am now a spaghetti squash lover! It has such a mild flavor that pairs well with just about anything. It’s delicious topped with a Homemade Bolognese sauce and perfect in casseroles. It’s also super easy to prepare by roasting in the oven or steaming in the Instant Pot.
How do you cook a Spaghetti Squash?
My favorite method is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and using a fork, scoop out the insides.
Spaghetti squash can also be cooked in the Instant Pot. Simply cut in half, scoop out the seeds, and cook with some water in the bottom of the pot. This method is a little quicker, but if you have a very large squash, it may not fit.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
While the chicken and spaghetti squash are cooking, chop and cook your veggies and whisk the eggs.
Throw it all together with the hot sauce and mayo and bake!
Buffalo Chicken Casserole Variations
Add other finely diced veggies to the carrot/celery/onion mixture. Bell peppers and green onions are great additions.
Feel free to up the hot wing flavor by adding more buffalo sauce if you like extra heat.
Try substituting hash brown potatoes for the spaghetti squash!
For Meal prep, package individual servings in these glass containers for easy grab-and-go meals.
Topped with Homemade Whole30 Ranch Dressing, this casserole is sure to become a fast favorite and a staple on your Whole30 meal plan list! Looking for more Whole30/Paleo friendly recipes? Check out my Whole30 Survival Guide and recipe index!
Buffalo Chicken Casserole (Whole30 Paleo)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked see cooking instructions below
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil of choice (olive, avocado, coconut)
- 1/2 cup each diced carrots, celery, and onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise or store bought compliant brand
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat cooking oil. Add carrots, celery, and onion to the pan and cook, stirring often, until veggies are beginning to soften. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, spaghetti squash, cooked veggies, hot sauce, mayo, and salt. Fold in beaten eggs and stir until well combined.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top of the casserole forms a nice crust and is beginning to brown. Serve with Homemade Ranch Dressing or other compliant brand.
* this post contains affiliate links