Cajun Sausage and Veggie Kabobs (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – with a homemade Cajun seasoning blend, these kabobs are huge on flavor, easy to prepare, and perfect for family gatherings or a quick weeknight supper!
One of my family’s favorite meals is kabobs of any variety. I’ve shared lots of kabob recipes here but this one might just be my new favorite. Chicken & Apple Sausage, chunks of zucchini, bell peppers, and onions are coated with my homemade Cajun Seasoning Blend and charred on the grill for a nutritious meal with really big flavor!
Aidells’s brand Chicken & Apple Sausage is my go-to for so many meals. I first discovered it when on a round of Whole30 and found it nearly impossible to find compliant sausage that didn’t contain some form of sugar, soy, or other additives. But this one fits the bill and is so tasty! My kids love it too, for breakfast in a scramble and especially in this Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies.
That family favorite sheet pan meal inspired this recipe, which is very similar, just seasoned with a spicier Cajun mix and threaded on skewers. I love the mild Cajun heat on the sausage and fresh vegetables. These kabobs are definitely a complete meal all on their own, but are also delicious served with rice or cauliflower rice.
Tips & Variations
Try kielbasa or other varieties of sausage, based on your preference.
Add some shrimp or chicken to the Cajun kabobs!
If kabobs aren’t your thing, throw it all in a grill basket or on a sheet pan and roast.
Make a bigger batch and package the extra into containers for easy meal prep.
Did you try this recipe and love it too? Please share your rating and review below!
Cajun Sausage and Veggie Kabobs (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 1 lb sausage such as Aidell's brand chicken apple
- 2 bell peppers any colors
- 1 medium onion
- 2 zucchini squash
- 1.5 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning see homemade recipe below
- Cut sausage, peppers, onion, and zucchini into chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Pour oil and cajun seasoning over sausage and veggies and toss to combine. Thread onto skewers. If desired, place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Preheat grill over medium high heat. Place skewers on grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning throughout cooking.
*this post contains affiliate links