Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos – just a few ingredients needed for these chicken tacos with chipotle lime sauce. Fresh, simple, and delicious!
Only 5 ingredients are needed for these fresh and tasty Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos! Easy prep and plenty of flavor will make this recipe a fast favorite.
Ground chicken is seasoned with a homemade taco blend and topped with crisp romaine and a spicy sauce. I don’t mess around with all the extra taco toppings here, because these are so delicious and flavorful just as is. We’re talking dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. If your kids aren’t crazy about spicy things, skip the sauce and serve their tacos with a little shredded cheese instead. Simple, fast, light, and tasty! My favorite kind of meal. 🙂
Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos Variations & Tips
- For low carb, serve the taco meat over greens and add sauce and desired toppings.
- Make Meal Prep Mason Jar Taco Salads by layering the sauce, toppings, and taco meat in a mason jar.
- While you’re making the homemade taco blend, consider making some of my other homemade seasoning blends to keep on hand!
- Make the taco meat and sauce ahead of time for an easy throw together dinner.
Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos
- In a small bowl, combine the greek yogurt, lime juice, and chipotle chili powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, then add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add taco seasoning and 3-4 tablespoons of water. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken in tortillas or lettuce cups and top with shredded lettuce and reserved chipotle lime yogurt sauce.