Clean Eating Meal Prep – Top 10 Tips & Foods – Save time and money with these prep tips and recipes for a week of clean, whole food meals.
It’s no secret I am a meal prep nerd…I love the process of creating a weekly meal plan, making a list, shopping, and spending a couple of hours on Sunday in my kitchen prepping for the week ahead. It’s become a routine that I love and can’t live without. It has also saved our family tons of time, energy, and money spent on food and meal choices.
The following tips and recipes are my favorites for focusing on real, whole foods and family friendly meals. Working just a few of these ideas into your routine is a great place to start!
Clean Eating Top 10 Meal Prep Tips
- Prep raw veggies for snacks and lunches. Carrots, celery, and bell peppers are my favorite. These are great to grab for a snack with hummus and a perfect addition to kid lunches.
- Prepare one or two grab-and-go breakfast options. I love these Paleo Chicken Sausage Fritatta Muffins. They can be frozen, reheated in the microwave one or two at a time and eaten on the go.
- Cook at least one lean protein in the Instant Pot or slow cooker. My favorite is Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, which can be made into chicken salad for lunch or added to soup for dinner. This recipe includes my two favorite recipes for Curry Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Salad.
- Prep a batch of whole grains like brown rice or quinoa. The possibilities are endless…add to salads, soup, or as a side dish with dinner.
- Hard Boiled Eggs! Need I say more? They are the perfect breakfast, snack or addition to salad. Hard boil a dozen (my favorite method is in the Instant Pot) and peel them so they are super easy to grab and eat on the go.
- Make a healthy snack/treat or two. These Skinny Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies or Mint Chocolate Chip Energy Bars are great to have on hand. Something that will curb sweet cravings!
- Make Soup! My favorite go-to soups are Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup, Butternut Squash Bisque, or Chili. Place individual servings in small mason jars for an easy make ahead lunch.
- Salad Fixings – have pre washed and chopped lettuce on hand for mix and match salad options.
- Prepare condiments. This is totally optional. I like to make homemade mayo and ranch dressing with avocado oil and coconut cream because it’s healthier and I think it tastes better! 10. Pre-portion pantry snacks like nuts and dried fruit. I keep a container in my pantry full of pre-bagged snacks that the kids can grab to add to their lunch.
Bonus tip!! Invest in these glass meal prep containers, they are perfect for portioning out lunch/snacks. I LOVE them!