Whole30 Cauliflower Soup (Paleo Keto) – loaded with veggies, dairy free, and so warm and comforting! Gluten and Dairy Free. (includes Instant Pot instructions)
Guys, if there’s one comfort food I can’t live without, it’s soup! I love soup – any kind, any flavor, creamy, brothy, stew, or chowder. But always from scratch. It’s one of my favorite things to make and eat. In fact, I think soup was one of the first things I made as a teenager learning to cook. Soup is also one the easiest meals to convert to a Whole30/Paleo diet.
Sunday is my soup-making day. Along with my other meal prep, I usually make a big batch of soup, like this one and this favorite for lunches during the week or to have on hand for a quick dinner when things get busy. I love this Whole30 Cauliflower Soup because it is so nutritious and simple to make on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot. Full of veggies like cauliflower, carrots, and parsnip…even my kids are fans!
This cauliflower soup has all the richness of a creamy chowder, but without any cheese or heavy cream. Coconut milk is my secret ingredient for creating a silky texture and rich flavor (and for keeping it Whole30 compliant!) Pro tip: I find all my Whole30 staples, including coconut milk and broth at Thrive Market. It’s my favorite source of organic Whole30 products at a discount, delivered right to your door!
Another tip for perfectly creamy soups? Use an immersion blender for pureeing all or part of the soup. I often use different combinations of vegetables in this recipe, but this version is my favorite. It’s so hearty and tasty, and perfect on a chilly day!
How to Make Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Begin by preparing all the vegetables. A rough chop is sufficient since this soup is going to be pureed at the end.
If using the Instant Pot, dump in all the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. Then simply puree the soup and stir in coconut milk.
For the stovetop, start by cooking the vegetables in some oil, then add broth and bring to a simmer. Once the veggies are tender, puree the soup and stir in the coconut milk.
Season your soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Variations on Whole30 Creamy Cauliflower Soup
For loaded Whole30 Cauliflower Soup, garnish with bacon bits and green onions
Add a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast for a cheesy cauliflower soup version
For Keto diets, omit the potato (substitute with more cauliflower) and garnish with shredded cheese
This soup is freezable! Make a double batch or freeze leftover portions in Ziploc freezer bags (try this handy gadget for filling the bags!)
Update: I’ve included instructions for making this soup in the Instant Pot. If you don’t have one yet, what are you waiting for? It’s totally life changing!
Whole30 Cauliflower Soup (Paleo)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cauliflower, parsnip, and potato and cook for another 4-5 minutes until vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Use a hand immersion blender to blend soup until creamy. (Or transfer to a blender)
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Instant Pot
- Place carrot, celery, onion, garlic, cauliflower, parsnip, potato, and broth in the Instant Pot. Give it a stir. Seal the lid and program using the Manual setting for 15 minutes. When cycle is complete, quick release pressure. Blend soup using an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.