Crockpot Whole30 Chili – a hearty, no bean chili recipe. The perfect addition to a Whole30 or Paleo menu and super simple to prepare ahead! Includes Instant Pot instructions.
Note: this recipe was updated on 9/17/18
Watch this Instant Pot version of Whole30 Chili:
If you’re embarking on Whole30 challenge for the first time, this Crockpot Whole30 Chili recipe is the perfect addition to your meal plan! Simple, satisfying, and easy prep – perfect for a quick dinner and packing leftovers for lunch. If you’re in a time crunch, this recipe can also be prepared in the Instant Pot!
This chili is so good and seriously beyond easy to make. I’ve found that easy, make-ahead recipes like this one are key to Whole30 and any healthy eating plan/lifestyle. Planning and prepping ahead for the week is my secret weapon for staying on track. Every Saturday, I write down my menu and shopping list for the next week (seems if I write it down, I am much more likely to actually do it!) Then I spend a couple of hours on Sunday prepping a few meals and snacks for my family.
In this recipe, I used my own homemade chili seasoning blend. Because I make different varieties of chili so often, I’ve found it easier to make a large batch of my favorite blend to have on hand, rather than measuring separate spices for each recipe.
How to Make Homemade Chili Seasoning Blend
Check out this post for the chili seasoning blend recipe and eight other great flavor combinations!
I love all kinds of chili but I wasn’t so sure about a bean-less chili recipe…turns out, I didn’t miss the beans one bit! I adapted this recipe slightly from the Classic Chili recipe in the book, The Whole30: The 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom. I hope you enjoy! And if you’re a fan of this recipe, you’re going to also love this Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Chili.
Tip: make this ahead and portion into these glass containers for lunch all week!
Crockpot Whole30 Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced unsalted tomatoes
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2.5 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning see below
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- Brown the turkey over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours. Adjust seasonings to taste and top with sliced jalapenos, chopped red onion, avocado, etc. as desired.
- Homemade Chili Seasoning Blend: 5 Tablespoons chili powder, 2 Tablespoons cumin, 2 Tablespoons garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons oregano, 1 Tablespoon paprika (or smoked paprika), 1 1/2 Tablespoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons salt. Store in a mason jar or tightly sealed container.
For the Instant Pot
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Spray with cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pot. Add ground turkey, stirring until cooked. Add remaining ingredients to the pot. Set to Manual for 10 minutes. When cycle is complete, allow for natural release of pressure. Serve with favorite toppings!
*this post may contain affiliate links