Instant Pot Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup (Whole30 Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup (Whole30 Paleo) – a delicious, savory soup full of cleansing ingredients. Loads of veggies and spices combine for a flavorful, fragrant, and super nutritious recipe!
One of the goals I set for 2017 was to eat clean as much as possible. For me, the weekends tend to be the toughest for sticking to this plan and occasionally I find myself needing to detox from a heavy cheat meal (or three!) Enter this soup…I love this recipe because it has so many digestive and anti-inflammatory health benefits AND is super delicious.
This tasty soup contains vegetables, spices, broth, and coconut milk…that’s it, just real, clean ingredients loaded with nutrition. The flavor-packed spice blend of garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, curry, and cayenne provide plenty of digestive and detoxifying power to get your system back on track.
A little side note on turmeric…you may have noticed the sudden trendy topic involving turmeric and its significant health advantages. I’ve been reading up and here’s what I learned about this magical ingredient. Turmeric contains the compound curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant responsible for the bright yellow color. Curcumin is known to fight inflammation, and believed to improve digestion and help with joint pain, among many other things. It can be taken as a supplement, but I love the warm spicy flavor so much, I’ve been adding it (along with curry, which is made from turmeric) to recipes wherever I can.
I like to make this Turmeric Vegetable Soup in the Instant Pot because it does all the work for me in a short amount of time, but it can made on the stovetop or in the slow cooker as well. Add this one to your Meal Prep Sunday plan, and enjoy it all week long!
Looking to incorporate more anti-inflammatory recipes into your diet? Check out this Anti-Inflammatory Blueberry Smoothie for a refreshing and cleansing breakfast choice!
Detox Turmeric Veggie Soup (Whole30 Paleo)
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups peeled carrots (cut into chunks)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, (for stovetop directions only)
For the Instant Pot
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir well. Lock lid and for cook on Manual setting for 20 minutes. When cycle is complete, allow for slow release or do quick release of pressure. Puree soup with an immersion blender and serve.
For the Slow Cooker
- Combine all ingredients in the Slow Cooker and stir well. Cook on High 3-4 hours or Low 6-8 hours. Puree soup with an immersion blender and serve.
For the Stovetop
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat. Add squash, carrots, sweet potato, and onion, cooking 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and spices. Cook and stir for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes, until veggies are soft. Remove from heat.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here