DIY Beer Bread Mix
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
DIY Beer Bread Mix – whip up this simple mix to make your own fresh bread at home or give as a homemade gift!
If you love homemade edible gifts for the holidays, but don’t have tons of time to devote to over-the-top, Pinterest-worthy ideas, add this DIY Beer Bread Mix to your list! Seriously about the easiest thing you’ll ever make, but still such a fun and thoughtful gift.
Fill a large mason jar with just a few dry ingredients, tie with a cute bow and label, and you’ve got the perfect homemade gift for the bread lover in your life. For an extra sweet touch, combine the mix with a nice bread loaf pan and cute tea towel! Think hostess gifts, teacher gifts, or new neighbor gifts!
Flour and just a pinch of sugar and salt are all you need to make the mix. A can of beer is stirred in as the final step. For an extra flavorful variation, add Italian seasoning (try this homemade blend, which also makes a great gift!) and garlic powder to the dry mix.
This hearty bread is excellent served along with a hot bowl of soup or chili. It also makes great toast! My kids love it toasted and topped with this Crockpot Apple Butter.
Self rising flour is easiest, but if you don’t have it on hand, see the recipe notes on how to make your own by adding baking powder and salt to regular all purpose flour.
Stay tuned for a post completely devoted to all easy DIY edible holiday gifts, coming soon!
DIY Beer Bread Mix
- 3 cups sifted self rising flour (such as King Arthur Self Rising Flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce can of beer
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- If making as a mix to give as a gift, combine the flour, sugar, and salt and whisk well (add Italian seasoning and garlic powder if desired.) Be sure you have sifted the flour to prevent an overly hard crunchy crust. Place in a large mason jar.
To Make the Bread:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a bread pan by greasing or coating with cooking spray.
- Combine bread mix with 1 can of beer. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove.
*this post may contain affiliate links
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here