Easy 3 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Easy 3 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken Tacos – the best chicken tacos start with just 3 ingredients! Make this easy recipe for taco night or the next time you need a super easy dinner idea. These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos have great flavor and are the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Recipe
Whether you’re a busy mom looking for shortcut meal planning ideas or just love simple slow cooker meals, I promise this will become one of your go-to recipes. It’s a true dump, set, and forget meal that the entire family will love. Just 3 simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time is all you need to throw together tasty chicken tacos for dinner! It will quickly become a regular in your rotation of easy weeknight meals.
There are countless uses for 3-Ingredient Chicken Taco Meat. Serve it up in tortillas, in rice bowls, taco salads, nachos, or even add it to soup! Feeding a large group or planning a taco bar? Serve this along with my Instant Pot Taco Meat and all your favorite taco toppings and sides!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – you may also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning – I like to make big batches of my homemade taco seasoning blend for tacos and fajitas, but the store-bought packets can be used in a pinch as well.
- Salsa – 1 16-ounce jar of salsa, your favorite brand or homemade fresh salsa is great too! I’ve used a tomato-based salsa in this recipe, but salsa verde is also a great option or even a can of Rotel tomatoes is another good substitution.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Place boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken, then pour the salsa on top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken with forks or a hand mixer. Stir.
- Serve as desired!
- Make taco salads with lettuce and favorite toppings.
- Serve in corn or flour tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- Serve with a side of white rice or Mexican rice, and a green salad.
- Build burrito bowls with rice, black beans, fajita veggies, etc.
- Use for chicken nachos – layer tortilla chips, chicken, cheese, and toppings and bake on a sheet pan.
- Use the shredded chicken taco meat in chicken enchiladas.
Toppings for Chicken Tacos
- Pico de Gallo
- Fajita veggies
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
Can I make 3-Ingredient chicken tacos in the Instant Pot?
Yes, this recipe can be easily adapted for the Instant Pot. Combine all ingredients in the pot and cook for 8 minutes on the Manual setting. Let the pot depressurize naturally, then remove the lid and shred the chicken. Check out this post for another version of Instant Pot Shredded Chicken.
What’s the best way to shred the chicken?
The chicken is so tender after cooking in the crockpot, it will fall apart and shred very easily just using a couple of forks. I also often use a hand mixer or stand mixer to shred cooked chicken, beef, and pork.
Can I make this for meal prep?
Absolutely! This is a great recipe to prepare ahead for lunches during the week. I like to use it for making taco salads or meal prep rice bowls.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leftovers can also be frozen for future use. I often make a double batch of this recipe – one for dinner and one for the freezer. Try these Souper Cubes for freezing individual portions.
More Easy Recipes to Make for Dinner
3 Ingredient Crockpot Chicken
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces salsa, your favorite brand or homemade
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning, see recipe below
- Arrange chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken. Add the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks. Stir to combine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here