Easy Chopped Detox Salad with Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – kale, romaine, carrots, radishes, bell peppers, and almonds make up this light, cleansing salad with a tasty garlic lemon vinaigrette. So fresh and nutritious! Vegan and Gluten Free.
With summer right around the corner, I am craving all kinds of light and colorful salads! After a long Michigan winter, my body needs all the antioxidants and fresh produce I can get my hands on. This Chopped Detox Salad is a delicious and crunchy mix of veggies with a garlicky lemon vinaigrette, perfect for when your body could use a little detox.
I don’t believe in extreme detox cleanse diets. Sure you might lose a ton of weight but it’s not an easily maintained lifestyle. A simple and doable way to fight inflammation and bloat in the body is to add one detoxifying meal per day to your diet. A smoothie for breakfast or this salad for lunch are great examples. I love to meal prep this detox salad on Sunday so I can eat it for lunch all week during those times when I especially need to cleanse my system. Pack individual portions of the salad into these glass containers and the dressing in these cute little portable bottles!
Chopped salad is the best kind of salad because you can combine tons of textures, flavors, and nutrients all in just one bite. It’s also a great way to amp up the cruciferous veggies you might typically avoid – you won’t even know you’re eating broccoli and kale! While I am not usually a huge raw kale fan, I love it finely chopped up and combined with other veggies. The punch of flavor from the garlic and lemon in the vinaigrette are the perfect compliment to all those colorful and crunchy veggies.
How to Make a Chopped Detox Salad
- Choose veggies that are high in nutritional value and water content, like cucumbers, broccoli, kale, spinach, carrots, and cabbage.
- Finely chop your veggies into similar sized small pieces (you can do this by hand or use a food processor.)
- Give everything a good toss and add your favorite homemade dressing (no sugar added!) or even just a drizzle of oil and vinegar. Try my Best Asian Sesame Ginger dressing for something different!
- In addition to the dressing, add some healthy fats (nuts or avocado for example); this will help with the absorption of all those nutrients and keep you feeling full longer.
Easy Chopped Detox Salad with Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated radishes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and toss.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Pulse until combined and emulsified. Pour over salad and toss.