Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole – juicy chicken, veggies, and tender egg noodles come together for an easy dinner the whole family will love. The perfect comfort food recipe made with simple ingredients and minimal prep!
Healthy Chicken Casserole Made in the Instant Pot
Great news! Our favorite homey casserole from childhood can be made in a cinch using the Instant Pot! There’s nothing better than a creamy and hearty meal of comforting chicken noodles. This Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need a satisfying and nutritious meal without the fuss!
Of course, any good casserole should include a delicious creamy sauce, but did you know you can totally ditch the processed convenience items like canned cream of mushroom soup and still achieve the same result? This recipe is proof that comfort food doesn’t have to include processed ingredients to taste good!
Why We Love this Easy Comforting Casserole
- It requires almost zero prep work, just chopping of the chicken.
- It’s made with basic, inexpensive ingredients.
- Easy clean-up and minimal dishes to wash.
- It’s family friendly – it even gets rave reviews from the picky eaters in the family!
- Makes great next day leftovers and reheats well.
- It’s an easy recipe made with cleaner ingredients than a typical noodle casserole.
- Olive Oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – diced into small bite sized pieces.
- Frozen mixed vegetables – I like to use one 10 oz. bag of mixed vegetables (containing carrots, peas, green beans, and corn.)
- Chicken broth – choose low sodium chicken broth, Homemade Chicken Stock, or vegetable broth.
- Egg noodles – or any thick, hearty noodle.
- Seasonings – garlic powder, thyme, sea salt, black pepper
- Turn on the sauté mode on the Instant Pot. Add oil to the pot.
- When the oil is warm, add the diced chicken to the pot and cook until no longer pink. Turn off sauté mode.
- Add vegetables, seasonings, noodles, and broth to the pot. Press the noodles gently to submerge them in the liquid.
- Seal the lid and cook for 4 minutes on Manual high-pressure mode.
- When cycle is complete, immediately open the valve to quick release pressure. Give it a stir.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, stirring and cooking for about 30 seconds.
- Add the roux (butter/flour mixture) to the chicken and noodles, stirring well, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley if desired and serve!
Can I use leftover rotisserie chicken instead?
Sure, feel free to eliminate the extra step of cooking the chicken in the pot and add in some shredded chicken after the veggies and noodles have cooked.
How to Make a Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Casserole?
To make this casserole gluten free, substitute your favorite gluten free pasta or noodles for the egg noodles and gluten free flour for making the roux.
What’s the best way to store leftovers?
Keep cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat individual portions at 30 second intervals in the microwave until warmed.
What Are the Macros for this Recipe?
Protein – 20 grams
Carbs – 30 grams
Fat – 11 grams
Fiber – 3 grams
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Turn on the Saute mode and add the oil to the Instant Pot.
- When warm, add the diced chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Turn off the Saute mode.
- Add the vegetables, seasonings, and broth to the pot. Stir.
- Add the noodles, gently pressing to submerge them in the liquid.
- Seal the pot and cook for 4 minutes on Manual mode.
- When cook cylce is complete, open the valve to quick release pressure.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk well, stirring and cooking for about 30 seconds.
- Add the butter flour mixture to the Instant Pot and stir until sauce begins to thicken.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here