Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – ready in under 30 minutes, these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a fast and fuss-free way to enjoy restaurant style fajitas at home!
Whenever I’m asked what my favorite food is I’m never sure what to say. I mean, I have LOTS of favorite foods, how to pick only one?? But if I absolutely had to name just one thing, it would probably be fajitas. Chicken fajitas are my standard go-to order at any Mexican restaurant and one of my favorite fun and festive meals to make at home. I love the flavors and all the different ways you can make them. I also love that they are a healthier Mexican food option, without loads of sauce and cheese, and that they are a cinch to make at home with this quick sheet pan method!
To make perfect chicken fajitas every time, I’ve listed my favorite tricks below. Don’t skip these tips! It’s the little things that save time and effort when trying to get dinner on the table fast with zero fuss!
Tricks & Tips for Easy Chicken Fajitas
Make your Fajita Seasoning ahead (during weekly meal prep, for example) so that’s it ready to go for this recipe. It make enough for several recipes, so you’ll have it on hand for a while!
My biggest time saving trick for Easy Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas is to use chicken tenders. It saves you the step of having to slice the chicken breasts. Butcher Box is my favorite source of organic chicken breast and tenders – the chicken tenders are the perfect size and require no trimming, etc.
Use a wire rack (any wire cookie cooling rack will do) with your sheet pan! This will result in restaurant style fajitas, as if they’ve been cooked in a hot skillet. If you’ve ever made sheet pan chicken fajitas without a wire rack, you may have had some soggy fajitas. The wire rack allows any liquid to drip through so the chicken, peppers, and onions don’t end up swimming in their juices. Here’s my favorite sheet pan set and wire rack.
Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Here’s the step-by-step for making these Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas:
- Begin bv making the Homemade Taco & Fajita Seasoning. I use this so often, I usually have a good amount on hand already!
- Slice your peppers and onions (and chicken if not using tenders.)
- Combine the chicken, peppers, onions, seasoning, oil, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Spread everything onto a large baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees (chicken should cooked through). Switch the oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until everything is just slightly browned.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Variations
Serve with warmed tortillas if desired. For Whole30/Keto, serve over salad greens and your favorite toppings.
Top with my favorite (and super simple to make) Homemade Fresh Salsa and Guacamole.
Make this recipe for Meal Prep and portion into individual servings with a side of rice or salad greens and salsa/guac.
If you like this Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe, be sure to try my other sheet pan fajita recipes using the same easy method, Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas and Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas!
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2.5 tablespoons homemade taco & fajita seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of one lime
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by placing a metal cooling rack on the tray and spraying with avocado or coconut oil.
- Combine chicken, peppers, onion, oil, seasoning, and lime juice together in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Place mixture on the rack in an even layer. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Turn the oven broiler on and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here
14 Comments on “Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Whole30 Paleo Keto)”
Amazing flavor, everyone at my book club loved this!!!!
We love this recipe!my husband and kids rave every time I make it. It freezes well, too!
Agree that the flavor was amazing! A Keeper in my household for sure!
Thanks so much, Amy!
This was really good! I made it for the whole family , even my kids liked it (they put it into tortillas though)
The spice was a Little too salty for me, next time I will use less Salt.
Will definitely make this again!
Sorry, the 23 grams of carbs was on the Yummly recipe; 5 grams is more like it.
Delicious, filling, and nutritious! This recipe is a new Whole30 favorite for us.
Cut vegetables and cutlets (used breasts) ahead of time, mixed with spice mix and oil. Fast and easy dinner, which my family loved. Served in tortillas with sour cream, salsa, cut avocado, cheese, and hot sauce!
So so good and so easy!!!
Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for taking the time to leave a rating and review!
This recipe is fantastic! I tried it as my 1st Whole 30 supper and I know I will definitely be repeating it during the next 29 days. The fajita seasoning literally tastes like something you would eat at a restaurant. I cut the amount of salt in half and it was perfect!
Dawn – thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it and good luck with your Whole30!
This recipe makes amazing fajitas and is a quick easy recipe. I added seedless sliced jalapeños and whole garlic to the recipe.