Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – ready in under 30 minutes, these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a fast and fuss-free way to enjoy restaurant style fajitas at home!
Whenever I’m asked what my favorite food is I’m never sure what to say. I mean, I have LOTS of favorite foods, how to pick only one?? But if I absolutely had to name just one thing, it would probably be fajitas. Chicken fajitas are my standard go-to order at any Mexican restaurant and one of my favorite fun and festive meals to make at home. I love the flavors and all the different ways you can make them. I also love that they are a healthier Mexican food option, without loads of sauce and cheese, and that they are a cinch to make at home with this quick sheet pan method!
To make perfect chicken fajitas every time, I’ve listed my favorite tricks below. Don’t skip these tips! It’s the little things that save time and effort when trying to get dinner on the table fast with zero fuss!
Tricks & Tips for Easy Chicken Fajitas
Make your Fajita Seasoning ahead (during weekly meal prep, for example) so that’s it ready to go for this recipe. It make enough for several recipes, so you’ll have it on hand for a while!
My biggest time saving trick for Easy Chicken Sheet Pan Fajitas is to use chicken tenders. It saves you the step of having to slice the chicken breasts. Butcher Box is my favorite source of organic chicken breast and tenders – the chicken tenders are the perfect size and require no trimming, etc.
Use a wire rack (any wire cookie cooling rack will do) with your sheet pan! This will result in restaurant style fajitas, as if they’ve been cooked in a hot skillet. If you’ve ever made sheet pan chicken fajitas without a wire rack, you may have had some soggy fajitas. The wire rack allows any liquid to drip through so the chicken, peppers, and onions don’t end up swimming in their juices. Here’s my favorite sheet pan set and wire rack.
Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Here’s the step-by-step for making these Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas:
- Begin bv making the Homemade Taco & Fajita Seasoning. I use this so often, I usually have a good amount on hand already!
- Slice your peppers and onions (and chicken if not using tenders.)
- Combine the chicken, peppers, onions, seasoning, oil, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Spread everything onto a large baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees (chicken should cooked through). Switch the oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until everything is just slightly browned.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Variations
Serve with warmed tortillas if desired. For Whole30/Keto, serve over salad greens and your favorite toppings.
Top with my favorite (and super simple to make) Homemade Fresh Salsa and Guacamole.
Make this recipe for Meal Prep and portion into individual servings with a side of rice or salad greens and salsa/guac.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by placing a metal cooling rack on the tray and spraying with avocado or coconut oil.
- Combine chicken, peppers, onion, oil, seasoning, and lime juice together in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Place mixture on the rack in an even layer. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Turn the oven broiler on and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, if desired.