Easy Szechuan Veggie Zoodles
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Easy Szechuan Veggie Zoodles – a light and flavorful choice for lunch or dinner! Just a little bit of spicy kick and tons of veggies make this a delicious and nutrient packed no-carb meal.
I have to admit I was skeptical for a long time about the whole spiralized veggie noodle craze. I just wasn’t sure I would be a fan. But I finally broke down and bought a spiralizer and absolutely LOVE it. It’s so fun to see your vegetables transformed into cute, colorful ribbons…kind of like being a kid again and playing with the playdoh hair salon? Remember making the hair? Well this is the same thrill. And YES, veggie noodles are super yummy! There are plenty of fancier, more expensive models out there but I’ve been very happy with this Veggetti Pro Spiralizer. It has 3 different size/shape blades for hours of ribbon making fun.
Anyway, I’ve been wanting to use my spiralizer more…AND I had all these extra veggies in my frig to use up…AND I love Asian flavors…the result? These tasty zoodles! Carrots, celery, onions, yellow peppers, and broccoli went into this dish but you can easily customize with whatever veggies you have on hand or your favorite combo. I am trying to cook/eat more meatless meals, but this recipe would be wonderful with some protein added – grilled chicken or shrimp would be fabulous.
Easy Szechaun Veggie Zoodles
- 2 zucchini
- 3-4 cups chopped veggies of your choice (I used carrots, celery, broccoli, peppers, and onion)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, or more depending on level of heat desired
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- Spiralize zucchini using a spriralizer tool (I used the thick ribbon blade.) Set aside. To make the sauce, combine soy sauce, Hoisin, water, honey, sriracha, garlic, and corn starch in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Chop desired veggies into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat sesame and olive oil over medium high heat. Add veggies and cook for 7-8 minutes or until slightly tender. If using carrots and celery, add them first - they need a couple extra minutes of cooking time. Add sauce to the pan and stir well (sauce will thicken quickly.) Add zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes until zucchini starts to release some water. Serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here