Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole (Paleo Keto) – Only 5 ingredients! This simple recipe contains no cheese, bread, or dairy but has all the flavor of your favorite traditional breakfast casserole. Make this for a crowd or for your weekly meal prep!
I love a good breakfast casserole, but I can do without all the bread, milk, and cheese that goes into a traditional recipe. With this Whole30 compliant recipe, I found that I didn’t miss any of the off-limit ingredients at all! Just eggs, veggies, shredded potatoes, and homemade sausage make the tastiest combo, perfect as a brunch dish or make ahead breakfast. You’re going to love the simplicity and ease of this recipe!
On a round of Whole30, meal prep and planning is essential (see this post for more tips!) This recipe would make a great addition to your menu and weekly meal prep session. If you struggle with the breakfast element of Whole30, this Easy Breakfast Bake is a life saver! Simply portion out individual servings into separate containers and reheat as needed. Or serve for dinner along with a green salad for a complete meal!
Tips & Variations for Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
Although it’s possible to find compliant sausage in the store, I find it easier and more economical to make my own using just ground turkey and seasonings. Ground pork (here is my favorite source) is also a great alternative and even more similar to authentic sausage. Or if you have a favorite compliant sausage, by all means use it here!
The nutritional yeast in this recipe adds a nice savory, cheesy flavor but is also totally optional.
This casserole is easily customizable based on what you have on hand. Add or substitute other veggies to the recipe. Spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes would be great. Or substitute bacon for the sausage.
For a Keto diet, omit or reduce the amount of potatoes and add shredded cheese if desired.
Pack servings into these glass containers for easy make ahead meals.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy these individual sized chicken sausage frittata muffins!
Easy Whole30 Breakfast Bake (Paleo Keto)
- 1 lb homemade turkey sausage (or compliant sausage) see recipe below
- 1 1/2 cups shredded russet potatoes about 2 medium potatoes (omit for keto)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- To cook the sausage, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Crumble in the ground turkey, add seasonings, and cook until browned. Remove sausage from pan. In the same skillet, add the onions and peppers. Cook 3-5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add sausage, peppers and onions, and remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For Meal Prep, let the casserole cool then cut into individual servings and store in refrigerator.
* this post contains affiliate links