Favorite Instant Pot Taco Meat (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – the best and easiest recipe for Instant Pot Taco Meat! This totally clean version is quick, flavorful, and family friendly!
Hey there, it’s Instant Pot Monday! This week’s recipe is a classic family favorite. My version of Instant Pot Taco Meat includes only clean real ingredients and is a cinch to make. We love it for taco night and the leftovers are also great for lunch during the week.
I’ve replaced the store bought taco seasoning packet with my own homemade taco & fajita seasoning and added some onions and peppers to the ground meat. When made in the Instant Pot, the taco meat comes out so tender and full of great flavor from the sauce. I love the result in the Instant Pot but this could easily be made on the stovetop as well. Serve in tacos, over salad, in burrito bowls, or in your favorite Mexican dish. It’s so versatile and also great for meal prep!
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Meat
- First, make your taco seasoning! I love this homemade version because I can use it in so many things and it doesn’t contain any MSG, extra sodium, or other additives found in the store bought packets.
- Brown your ground meat in the Instant Pot using the saute function.
- While the meat is browning, chop the onions and peppers.
- Add everything to the pot and set for 8 minutes!
- Instead of ground turkey or beef, try venison or ground chicken.
- Add one cup of your favorite salsa or canned diced tomatoes in place of the tomato sauce.
- Bulk up the mixture with additional veggies such as finely diced mushrooms, zucchini, or carrot – just add to the pot!
- Meal Prep tip: prepare taco bowls with taco meat, cauliflower rice, and your favorite toppings.
Other Ways to Use Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Make a giant taco salad! Greens, taco meat, salsa, sauteed peppers, black olives, and avocado is my favorite combo.
- Use it in a Mexican layer dip – layer refried beans, guacamole, taco meat, sour cream, and top with chopped lettuce, cheese, and chopped tomatoes.
- Make Taco Quinoa Stuffed Peppers or Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup.
- Add it to chili
If you try this or any of my recipes, please share your pics! Tag me on Instagram, @tastythin.
Favorite Instant Pot Taco Meat (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 2 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper any color
- 1 cup unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco & fajita seasoning see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Using the saute function on your Instant Pot, brown the meat in the oil. Turn off saute function.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Set pot for 8 minutes on Manual function.
- When cycle is complete, quick release the pressure (or wait 10 minutes for natural release.) Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Did you try this recipe and love it? Please leave your rating and review below!
* this post contains affiliate links