This Garlic Cilantro Hummus is a super tasty snack and SO simple to prepare. I absolutely love hummus and its healthy qualities and definitely don’t have anything against a nice big tub of store-bought. One of the benefits to making your own, however, besides the fact that it’s the easiest thing ever, is that you can change up the flavors in about a thousand different ways.
In this version, I went heavy on the garlic and cilantro for some really big flavor. And I have a little confession to make – I never use tahini in my hummus. I know there are people out there that believe it’s not really hummus without tahini, but I don’t miss it at all!
Everything is thrown in the food processor, making this a great option for a quick appetizer at the last minute. Give it a try! Or better yet, experiment with your own favorite flavor combinations!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas garbanzo beans
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Slowly stream in olive oil until a creamy consistency. Serve with veggies, crackers, pita chips, etc.