Gluten Free Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs – only 4 ingredients, so simple, flavorful, and family-friendly!
For a fast dinner, free of carbs, whip up these tasty meatballs and serve with your favorite sauce! These are beyond easy to make (with only 4 simple ingredients!) and can be customized with different seasonings to taste. I like to make double batches and freeze them for those nights when I have nothing prepared.
You won’t miss the bread crumbs here one bit. If you have a gluten intolerance or are just looking to minimize the processed carbs in your life, this recipe is a great alternative. Oats act as the binder in this recipe, adding some bulk and extra fiber.
I wanted to make a Mediterranean flavored meatball, so I used my homemade seasoning blend for extra ease. Check out this post for the Mediterranean blend recipe and 8 other homemade seasoning blends. Some of them would also work great in this recipe…just substitute the Mediterranean Seasoning for Italian, Ranch, Cajun or your favorite!
To serve, these meatballs would be excellent as an appetizer with tzatziki, marinara, or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground turkey (93/7)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon homemade mediterranean seasoning blend see recipe below
- 1 cup quick oats (gluten free)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well (do not overmix).
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for about 10 minutes to flash freeze the meatballs. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake meatballs for 13-15 minutes until cooked through.