Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Blender Muffins (Whole30 Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Blender Muffins (Whole30 Paleo) – free of refined flour and sugar, these mini muffins are a naturally sweetened treat and so simple to make using just your blender! A perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack. Gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, and Paleo approved.
Post updated 4/11/22
Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Muffin Recipe
Craving sweets and baked goods but trying to limit the processed sugar and carbs in your diet? I feel ya. I love my sweets just as much as the next girl but know what junk food does to my system. I’m always looking for ways to include healthier baked goods without sacrificing flavor and sweetness.
These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are naturally sweetened with dates, banana, and applesauce. They are a grain free version of my Healthy Carrot Apple Muffins, made with almond flour, and topped with more juicy apples. With the winning combo of apples and cinnamon, these muffins smell amazing when they bake and are the perfect baked good any time of year.
If you’re wondering if these muffins are the real deal, I’ll just say my kids gobbled these up like they were candy! I love that they are learning that sweet treats don’t have to come in a package from the store but can taste just as good. I’ve made several batches lately, and every time they disappear. These mini muffins make the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or lunchbox treat.
How to Make Blender Muffins
Have you tried making blender muffins yet? I am loving this quick and easy method! It’s a great way to sneak in extra healthy ingredients and play with different flavors or substitute for refined sugar. If you’re looking for a shortcut to making muffins, the blender method is the way to go.
To make, add all the ingredients (except anything you don’t want ground up, like pieces of fruit or chocolate chips) to the blender and pulse until completely smooth. In this case, the mixture should be blended until the dates are completely pulverized (a few small pieces is fine.) At that point, any add-ins can be stirred into the mixture.
Scoop a couple tablespoons of the muffin vatter into a mini muffin tin, top with reserved apples, and bake.
- Banana – ripe and spotty is best
- Unsweetened applesauce – no sugar added
- Coconut Oil – avocado oil is also good
- Medjool Dates
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Finely chopped apples
Variations on Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- This recipe works great for larger sized muffins as well. Use a standard muffin tin and fill 1/2 to 2/3 full before baking.
- In place of the cinnamon, try my Homemade Apple Pie Spice for a flavor boost.
- The blender muffin method works especially well for gluten free recipes that do not contain flour, but contain a replacement like oats or almond flour, like these Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins.
More Grain Free Recipes
Looking for more grain free, naturally sweetened baked goods? Try these favorites!
Did you make this recipe and love it too? Leave your rating and review below!
Grain Free Apple CInnamon Blender Muffins (Whole30 Paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients (except chopped apples) to a high speed blender. Blend until totally smooth.
- Stir in apples, reserving a small amount to add to the tops of the muffins if desired.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and press a few remaining apples on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from pan.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here