Greek Crispy Potato Wedges (Whole30 Paleo) – perfectly crispy oven roasted red skin potatoes flavored with a homemade Greek seasoning blend. The perfect family friendly side dish!
I feel like I’m constantly trying to come up with the perfect crispy roasted potato. I usually end up with a too soggy potato or burned to a crisp chip. With this recipe, I feel like I finally came pretty darn close. These Greek Crispy Potato Wedges are just the right amount of crispy on the outside and have the most awesome flavor from my homemade seasoning blend, making this a side dish winner!
I can always make my family happy with some roasted potatoes at dinner. These Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Whole30 Fries are two of our favorites! For this recipe, I wanted to bring in some Greek inspired flavor, so I created a new homemade seasoning blend to add to my collection. Disclaimer: I am not Greek and don’t claim to know how to cook authentic Greek food! This is simply my own version of crispy potato wedges with some Greek inspired spices like oregano, dill, garlic, and onion.
Okay, here’s the secret to the crispiness…first I blotted the cut potatoes really well with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. Then, after adding oil and the seasoning, I placed them all cut side up (not crowding) and did NOT turn them during cooking. The result was lightly browned super crispy wedges, perfect for dipping! Although I have not yet tried this method with russet potatoes, I think it would work well.
Crispy Potato Wedges Ideas & Variations
- In place of the Greek seasoning, try any of my homemade blends, like the Chili, Italian, or Cajun Blend for different flavor combos.
- Serve with Homemade Whole30 Ranch Dressing for a yummy snack.
- Serve along side these Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers OR
- For Burgers & Fries night, serve with these Turkey Zucchini Burgers
Greek Crispy Potato Wedges (Whole30 Paleo)
- 8 redksin potatoes medium sized
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Greek Seasoning Blend see recipe below
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. To make the seasoning blend, combine all spices and stir well. Store in a small mason jar or air tight container.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and place on baking sheet. Pour avocado oil over potatoes. Add seasoning and toss to coat.
- Turn all potatoes cut side up (do not crowd on baking sheet) and roast for 35 minutes, or until browned and crispy on top.