Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers (Paleo) – the BEST Greek lemon chicken marinade! Fresh and full of big flavor, this recipe is perfect for grilling season.
These Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers offer a huge punch of fresh flavor! Simple, fresh ingredients make up this marinade, which is my favorite all-purpose recipe for grilled chicken. I make this ALL the time in the summer months and I love how nutritious and versatile it is.
In my book, you can never go wrong with traditional Greek flavors. Fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, and olive oil are the base in this greek lemon marinade and make it a versatile dish that can be enjoyed with endless side options. I often serve these skewers with rice and grilled veggies for dinner and enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day. This chicken is excellent in a salad or stuffed in a pita with some tzatziki. Perfect.
This Greek Lemon Chicken marinade also pairs well with shrimp and pork. If you’re short on time and don’t want to make skewers, pour this marinade over whole chicken breasts that have been pounded thin (this results in super juicy chicken.) I definitely prefer using fresh herbs in this recipe, but have also tried dried herbs with great results (just use less – they are more pungent.)
Serving Suggestions for Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers
- Try with these Greek Crispy Potato Wedges
- Make Meal Prep Greek Chicken Bowls – add chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, and tzatziki
- Use in these Greek Mason Jar Salads
- Serve over cauliflower rice for a Whole30 compliant meal (omit honey in marinade)
Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers (Paleo) - the BEST Greek lemon chicken marinade! Fresh and full of big flavor, this recipe is perfect for grilling season.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- 1/2-2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey omit for Whole30
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Greek oregano or regular oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine fresh lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, honey, oregano, thyme, and salt. Whisk well. Pour over chicken chunks, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Thread chicken onto skewers and place on preheated grill, turning throughout cooking, until chicken is cooked through.