Mason Jar Greek Salads (Gluten Free) – Tons of protein and fresh Greek flavors make this dish a perfect make ahead lunch! Gluten Free, with Whole30 & Paleo Options.
My newest obsession is the ‘salad in a mason jar’ trend. As much as I love meal prep, I can’t believe I haven’t tried this sooner! It’s kind of genius…everything can be made ahead and layered including the dressing, without getting soggy. The secret is in the layering order! To keep it super simple, just shake and eat directly from the jar. Or pour everything into a bowl for a perfectly built salad!
If this recipe looks familiar, it’s because I love these Greek Salad Power Bowls so much that I just had to share one more way to enjoy them. You can modify the amounts in these Mason Jar Greek Salads according to how large/small of a serving you like. I used large mason jars for a pretty big serving, but pint jars would be perfect for a smaller serving size. You can’t go wrong with this combination for lunch. Plenty of satisfying flavor and protein to last you through the day. For the dressing, try Primal Kitchen’s Greek Vinaigrette – it’s my favorite!
Mason Jar Greek Salad Variations & Tips
- Omit the quinoa and feta for a Whole30 compliant version
- Add other veggies as desired such as chopped bell peppers and artichokes
- Make your chicken in the Instant Pot for easy prep
- Read about the science behind layering ingredients for mason jar salads in this post
- In place of quinoa, try cooked farro for something different
What’s your favorite meal or salad in a mason jar recipe? For me, it’s a total toss up between this Mason Jar Greek Salad, these Mason Jar Cobb Salads, and Mason Jar Asian Salad! They are equally convenient and delicious!
Mason Jar Greek Salad (Gluten Free)
- 2 cups diced grilled or rotisserie chicken breast see notes below for recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup kalamata or black olives
- feta cheese
- favorite Greek dressing (I prefer Primal Kitchen's Greek Vinaigrette)
- Layer ingredients in large mason jars in the following order: dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta, quinoa, chicken, lettuce. To serve, pour the salad into a bowl or shake well and eat directly from the jar.
- Adjust amounts to taste and according to how many salads you are preparing.