Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas (High Protein Gluten Free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas – a hearty, protein-rich, vegetarian salad with classic Greek flavors and a simple vinaigrette. Perfect for meal prep, as a main course, or side to your favorite Greek dishes.
Easy Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
Greek salads are one of my all-time favorite things to eat! And while this definitely isn’t your traditional Greek salad, I love this recipe because it brings all the classic Greek flavors of cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and lemon together with a quinoa base and an extra boost of protein from chickpeas. It’s super simple to throw together, great for meal prep, and easily feeds a crowd!
Make it ahead for lunches during the week or add it to your next barbecue menu for a vegetarian option. It’s great as a side dish yet hearty enough to serve as a main course. With simple ingredients and fresh flavors, you can’t go wrong with this Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas!
- Feta cheese
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh parsley
Variations & Substitutions
Quinoa salad is super versatile and can be easily modified based on your preference or the ingredients you have on hand.
Quinoa – use any variety or substitute another whole grain such as farro or brown rice.
Veggies – add anything you like such as chopped bell peppers, red onions, green onions, and chopped spinach.
Olives – any variety of olives can be used in this salad (Kalamata, green, etc.)
Other add-ins: cooked cubed chicken, albacore tuna, fresh dill, chopped artichokes, etc.
How to Make Greek Quinoa Salad
- Cook the Quinoa (according to package directions.)
- Prep the veggies – chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and parsley.
- Make the dressing – whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine cooked, cooled quinoa with chopped veggies and feta. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Do I have to rinse quinoa?
Yes, quinoa can have a bitter taste if not rinsed before cooking. Quinoa is actually a seed with a natural coating called saponin that can taste bitter and cause digestive issues. To rinse, simply place the dry quinoa in a mesh strainer and run cold water over it for 1-2 minutes.
What to serve with Greek Quinoa Salad?
How many grams of protein are in quinoa?
One cup of quinoa contains 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber, making it a nutrient dense and filling whole grain option.
Is quinoa gluten free?
Yes! Quinoa is naturally gluten free and is also one of few plant-based whole grains that is a complete protein, containing all essential amino acids.
How to store Greek Quinoa Salad?
Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Serve cold.
Can I make this salad dairy free?
Absolutely! Simply omit the feta cheese for a dairy free option.
More Gluten Free Salads
Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 oz chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup diced English cucumbers
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and parsley.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Combine quinoa, chickpeas, and chopped veggies in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and toss well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here