Herb Roasted Potatoes & Carrots (Whole30 Paleo) – a lovely side dish that pairs well with just about anything. Baby potatoes and tri-colored carrots are brightened up with fresh herbs and roasted until crispy and caramely sweet.
This recipe is fancy enough for a holiday meal or Sunday dinner, but simple enough for a quick, weeknight meal. Either way, it’s super delicious and your family will love it! Totally clean whole ingredients and so easy to make. We love these roasted potatoes and carrots with pork tenderloin, grilled chicken, or a juicy steak. The rainbow carrots are a fun twist and are super sweet. Kids absolutely love their color and flavor, so this dish is very family friendly.
Bored with ordinary roasted potatoes and carrots? The fresh herbs add huge flavor and brightness to this otherwise simple side dish. And the tri-colored carrots are a fun change and make for a very pretty plate! This dish is super easy to throw together last minute. Just toss everything together on a large baking sheet and pop in the oven! Whether you’re following a Whole30/Paleo diet or not, this recipe is a keeper!
Herb Roasted Potatoes & Carrots Variations
- If you can’t find tri-colored carrots, use regular baby carrots.
- Add yellow onion and fresh garlic cloves before roasting for additional flavor.
- Pro-tip for extra crispy roasted potatoes and carrots – blot cut potatoes with paper towels to remove extra moisture before roasting.
- If fresh herbs are not available, use one teaspoon each of dried herbs.
Herb Roasted Potatoes & Carrots - a lovely side dish that pairs well with just about anything. Baby potatoes and tri-colored carrots are brightened up with fresh herbs and roasted until crispy and caramely sweet.
- 1/2 lb baby potatoes halved, I used a mix of red and yellow
- 1/2 lb tri-colored carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place potatoes and carrots on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, add rosemary and thyme, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with fresh parsley.