High Protein Bagels (Easy Recipe!)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
High Protein Bagels (Easy Recipe!) – with 9 grams of protein per bagel, these Homemade Protein Bagels are soft and chewy, easy to make, and a great choice for a healthy breakfast option!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make with just a few basic ingredients.
- Perfect for meal prep and breakfast or lunch on the go!
- Customizable with your favorite toppings.
- No sugar or preservatives added, making them healthier than traditional bagels.
- A great option for adding extra protein to your meals.
- All-purpose flour
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- Sea Salt
- Egg wash
- Toppings of your choice (optional)
High Protein Bagel Recipe
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and spritzing with avocado oil spray.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the Greek yogurt to the flour mixture and stir until it comes together as a dough.
- Coat your hands and work surface with flour and knead dough for 1 minute.
- Divide bagel dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and form a bagel shape, creating a hole in the middle with your thumb.
- Place bagels on prepared baking sheet and brush tops of bagels with egg wash. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
- Bake on the top oven rack for 25 minutes until golden brown.
How to Cook High Protein Bagels in the Air Fryer
Homemade bagels can easily be made in the Air Fryer as well!
- First, spray your air fryer basket with avocado oil spray.
- Arrange bagels in the basket, being careful to not overcrowd them. Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, you may to bake in batches.
- Cook at 280 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. It is not necessary to turn the bagel during cooking.
High Protein Bagel Toppings
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Sesame Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Poppy Seeds
- Garlic flakes
- Kosher salt
- Cinnamon sugar
How to Serve Protein Bagels
- Sliced, toasted, and smeared with cream cheese, grass fed butter, or peanut butter.
- Make bagel sandwiches with turkey breast, egg salad, or tuna salad.
- Make a breakfast sandwich by topping with cooked egg, cheese, and sausage or bacon.
What are the Macros for High Protein Bagels?
Protein – 9 grams
Carbs – 26 grams
Fat -1 gram
Fiber – 1 gram
Can I use Self-Rising Flour instead?
Yes, self-rising flour can be substituted for the all-purpose flour and baking powder. If using self-rising flour, do not add the baking powder.
Can I use whole wheat flour?
Absolutely! To make a whole wheat protein bagel, simply substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour.
What type of Greek yogurt is best?
Full fat or lowfat plain Greek yogurt can both be used in this recipe with good results. The nutrition info listed is for a version with lowfat yogurt.
How to store protein bagels?
Place cooled bagels in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
High Protein Bagels (Easy Recipe!)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil spray or other non-stick spray.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the greek yogurt to the flour mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly flour your hands and work surface and knead dough for about 1 minute.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and form a bagel shape, making a hole in the middle with your thumb.
- Place the bagels on the prepared baking sheet. Bursh tops with egg white wash and sprinkle with your favorite toppings if desired.
- Place baking sheet on top rack and bake for 25 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove and let cool before slicing.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here