Homemade Taco & Fajita Seasoning (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – replace the store bought packets with this clean, low sodium homemade taco & fajita seasoning. Budget friendly and super versatile!
This Homemade Taco & Fajita Seasoning is a staple in my spice cupboard. I make big batches regularly and use it in place of store bought taco seasoning packets in all my Mexican and southwestern inspired recipes. Tacos, casseroles, chili…you name it, this spicy blend adds a huge punch of flavor, is Whole30 approved and is better for you than any pre-packaged version.
Not only is it simple to make and lower in sodium and additive/MSG free, but it’s a money saver too. A batch of this taco and fajita seasoning is good for several recipes! I like a little kick to my spice blend, but if you prefer a milder taste, just omit the chipotle chili powder. And if you’re looking for a completely sodium free option, feel free to leave out the salt completely. The flavor is so intense and smoky, you won’t miss it at all!
I also love homemade spice blends as a way to get kids involved in the kitchen – let them do the measuring and mixing! Check out this post for nine DIY homemade spice blends, perfect for stocking your spice cupboard and adding big flavor to all your favorite recipes.
Uses & Tips for Homemade Taco & Fajita Seasoning
- Store in these mini Mason Jars
- Use it on these Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas and this Easy Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Add to ranch dressing or sour cream for a taco spiced dip
- For a great DIY gift, place in a small mason jar, add a chalk label and cute bow!
- Combine with olive/avocado oil and lime juice for a delicious Whole30 marinade for chicken or steak
Homemade Taco & Fajita Seasoning (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- Combine all ingredients together and store in an air tight container.