Honey Lime Shrimp Tacos (Paleo) – a simple honey lime marinade for shrimp that packs huge flavor! Serve with tortillas or lettuce wraps. Paleo friendly and naturally gluten free.
These Honey Lime Shrimp Tacos are the easiest thing ever to whip up for dinner and your whole family will love them! The shrimp is marinated in a sweet/savory mixture of olive oil, honey, lime, and garlic and grilled to perfection. These fresh flavors are perfect for spring and summer time grilling season!
I love to serve these shrimp in a taco but they are also wonderful on their own and perfectly Paleo friendly. The honey lime marinade is the perfect compliment to shrimp but would also be great on chicken tenderloins.
For this recipe, I skewered the shrimp and cooked these on the grill but they could also be roasted on a baking sheet if you prefer. If you’re buying frozen shrimp, raw is preferable to pre-cooked in my opinion. If using pre-cooked shrimp, just be sure to reduce the grilling time so the shrimp don’t become too tough.
Serve the Honey Lime Shrimp in butter lettuce leaves for a Paleo, no-carb taco. To top off the tacos, I used sliced avocado and a bagged slaw mix that contained napa cabbage, carrots, and kale. Any slaw will do, just use your favorite! The shrimp are so tasty you don’t need anything else. Just simple, nutritious ingredients for a fun and delicious dinner! If you love this recipe, check out these other grilled kabob recipes, Rosemary Dijon Turkey Kabobs and Pesto Chicken Skewers.
Other Ideas for Serving Honey Lime Shrimp
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lime juice and fresh cilantro as a quick appetizer.
- Thread bell peppers and onion on skewers with the shrimp for kabobs and serve over rice.
- For Meal Prep, prepare the shrimp and package individual servings with cauliflower rice and some sautéed bell peppers.
- Serve in a salad with romaine and your favorite veggies.
- Use the recipe for the honey lime marinade and make it into a salad dressing by placing into a small mason jar and shaking well.
Honey Lime Shrimp (Paleo)
- 1 lb raw shrimp (deveined no tails)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- To make the marinade, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over shrimp and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill for 6-8 minutes, turning once. To assemble tacos, place grilled shrimp on a lettuce leaf or tortilla and top with slaw and slices of avocado.