How to Make Pico de Gallo Salsa (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – super fresh and easy Pico de Gallo Salsa recipe! Bright, fresh flavors of Pico de Gallo are the perfect compliment to all your favorite Mexican recipes.
Nothing beats the fresh flavors of Pico de Gallo Salsa on your all of your favorite Mexican dishes. We love it as an appetizer with chips and a topping to tacos, salads, burritos, grilled chicken, eggs, and more! If you’ve ever wondered how to make the Pico de Gallo Salsa that is served in your favorite restaurant, you’re in luck because it’s the easiest thing ever!
Pico de Gallo Salsa is perfect for when you need a quick appetizer or an extra something to bring some bright flavors into your meal. We love it served over these tacos and along side my favorite guacamole. This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use all the fresh tomatoes and herbs overflowing from my summer garden. You can easily customize this recipe as well, by trying different varieties of tomatoes and onions.
I like some heat to my Pico de Gallo, but if you prefer a milder version, go easy on the jalapeno. Or kick it up even more if that’s your thing! You literally can’t mess this recipe up! Just tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and lime juice is all you need.
Tips for How to Make Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Use a firm tomato (like Romas) and remove the ribs and seeds so you don’t end up with a mushy pico.
- I like white onion in this recipe, but yellow and red onion are also excellent.
- Chop the jalapeno last so the extra spiciness from the knife and cutting board don’t transfer to the other ingredients (unless you don’t mind the heat!)
- Fresh or granulated garlic works well in this recipe.
- Serve on these Turkey Zucchini Burgers (bunless) with some guac for a delicious Whole30 approved meal.
How to Make Pico de Gallo Salsa (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.