Instant Pot Curried Cauliflower Soup (Paleo Whole30)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Curried Cauliflower Soup (Paleo Whole30) – an anti-inflammatory power house, this soup is comforting, delicious, and beyond simple to make. Works great in the Instant Pot, slow cooker, or on the stovetop!
This week I am taking a break from my usual lunch of Butternut Squash Bisque and have replaced it with this fantastic curry vegetable soup. This stuff is just magical…not only does it taste wonderful and offer tons of nutrition, but it is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Turmeric, curry, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and ginger – all high on the list of top anti-inflammatory foods – they’re all in there.
Although I made this soup in my Instant Pot, it could easily be adapted for the slow cooker or stovetop. I happen to love using the Instant Pot, because it can be done in a fraction of the time. If you’re not familiar, here’s the low down on the Instant Pot…it’s a multi cooker, meaning it has several settings – Soup, Poultry, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Saute, and Slow Cook. I was able to dump my ancient crockpot since the IP doubles as a slow cooker. All those buttons may seem intimidating at first, but it’s super simple!! Lately, I have been using it at least 2-3 times per week and am having fun trying out the different settings, with the exception of Porridge (no thanks?!)
Please note, not all curry powders are created equal! I love spicy food and used a regular curry powder. If spicy is not your thing, look for a Mild Curry Powder. I think this soup would also make a great base for rice noodles, shredded chicken, tofu, spiralized veggies or other add-ins. The flavor is amazing!
Instant Pot Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small/medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (see notes below)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk, (I prefer full fat coconut milk for a creamier soup)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Heat coconut oil in the Instant Pot on the saute setting. Add carrots and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and turmeric. Stir well to combine.
- Add coconut milk and broth. Stir well. Seal the lid and set to Soup. When cycle is complete and steam has released, uncover the Pot.
- Using a hand immersion blender (or a regular blender, in batches), puree the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Slow Cooker/Stove Top
- Slow Cooker: In a skillet, cook the onion and carrot in the coconut oil until slightly soft. Add to a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stove Top: In a large stockpot, cook onion and carrot in the coconut oil until slightly soft. Add sweet potato, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, and spices. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Stir in coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.
*This post contains affiliate links, for which I may receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support my blog!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here