Instant Pot Hamburger Soup (Whole30 Paleo) including Slow Cooker Instructions – aka Poor Man’s Soup! Hearty, healthy, and totally budget friendly. Your family will love this soup!
I know how challenging it can be to find recipes that fit a clean eating lifestyle and are still family friendly. Sometimes it’s so tempting to whip up that box of mac and cheese and call it good! One solution that is naturally nutritious and seems to always please the whole family is homemade soup.
This Hamburger Soup (aka Poor Man’s Soup because it is so easy on the budget) is made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker and couldn’t be easier! It is such a simple meal and yet my family absolutely loves it. The kids always go back for seconds! Full of classic beef and veggie soup flavors, it is perfect paired with a green salad or some gluten free corn bread (I love Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Bread Mix!)
This recipe is proof that Whole30 meals don’t have to break the budget. Only the most basic ingredients are required, all things that you likely already have on hand. Make this Hamburger Soup ahead on Meal Prep Sunday or during the week for a quick and easy dinner. Still on the fence about trying Whole30? Head over to this post for some inspiration. My Whole30 Survival Guide is full of great tips, a meal plan, shopping list, and tons of easy recipes!
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup Variations
- Substitute tomatoes with green chilis for the diced tomatoes
- Spice it up with some crushed red pepper or tabasco when serving
- In place of the potatoes, use canned kidney beans, barley, quinoa, or other whole grain (for non-whole30)
- Use ground turkey or venison instead of beef
- Add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos for a flavor booster
- For additional seasoning, try a teaspoon or two of my homemade all purpose seasoning or chili seasoning
Do you like to Meal Prep or pack the leftovers for lunch? These glass containers are my favorite for soup!
Did you make this recipe and love it too? Please leave your rating and review below!
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground venison
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup diced yukon gold potatoes (about 3 small)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Set your Instant Pot to Saute. Add oil and beef (or venison) and cook until browned. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Lock lid and set Instant Pot to Manual for 15 minutes. Quick or Natural Release both work great for this recipe.
In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat. Add browned beef and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir well to combine. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 6-8 hours.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links