Healing Instant Pot Chicken Soup (Whole30 Paleo) – comforting, immune-boosting chicken soup made quick and simple in the Instant Pot. Warm your bodies from the inside out with this delicious and nutritious soup.
Hey friends 🙂 It’s classic, comforting, cozy chicken soup for this week’s Instant Pot Monday! It’s my belief that Monday meal time should be family friendly and all about simplicity…I’m pretty sure if you look up Instant Pot in the dictionary, those two descriptions are at the top of the list! I’ve definitely been on a IP soup kick lately – this time of year, there is nothing better than a big bowl of homemade chicken soup to warm our bellies and promote healthy bodies.
In the midst of a Michigan winter, my family is no stranger to head colds, the flu, and vitamin D deprivation. Not to mention we are all suffering from a nasty case of the “winter boredom blues.” I am longing for the day when we can walk on the beach or go for a family bike ride again! While we’ve been spared any major illnesses so far this winter, my girls were feeling a little under the weather last week with sore throats and congestion and they both requested chicken soup for dinner.
While we certainly can’t claim that soup is a cure-all, chicken soup just has an innate power to make us feel better, right? Maybe it’s just a craving that gets satisfied. Or maybe it’s a nostalgia thing. Either way, this Instant Pot Chicken Soup is a total powerhouse of nutrition and natural immune boosters. Full of veggies, organic chicken, turmeric, garlic, and bone broth, you can’t go wrong with this recipe (and this one too!)
After a quick chop of the veggies, everything is thrown into the pot, and cooked for 15 minutes. When cooking poultry or meat in the Instant Pot, I usually like to let the pot depressurize naturally to keep the meat juicy and tender. Including the time to prep and let the pot come to pressure, this soup can be ready in about 30 minutes. Perfect for a Monday night with plenty of leftovers for lunch!
Tips for Healing Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Great for Meal Prep and also freezable. Freeze extra portions in Ziploc bags (try this handy gadget for filling the bags!)
- For Keto diets, omit the potatoes.
- Stir in riced cauliflower or broccoli for an extra veggie boost.
- To thicken soup even more for a chicken pot pie-like soup, mix a couple tablespoons of arrowroot powder with a small amount of broth and stir in after cooking.
I hope you are all surviving winter and staying healthy! What’s your favorite immune boosting trick for staying healthy over the winter months (besides dreaming of spring!)??
Healing Instant Pot Chicken Soup (Whole30 Paleo)
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot, placing the chicken breasts on top. Seal lid and set Poultry button or Manual setting for 15 minutes.
- When the cycle is complete, let the pot depressurize naturally. Open lid and remove chicken breasts. Shred or chop.
- Blend 2 cups of the soup in a blender or use an immersion blender to puree. Add the blended soup back to pot with the chicken and stir to combine. (Blending of soup thickens the broth slightly and is totally optional.)