Instant Pot Macaroni & Cheese – Homemade mac and cheese is beyond easy in the Instant Pot! Quick and comforting, this dish is ready in under 10 minutes!
I’m still discovering all the things my Instant Pot can do! If you’re wondering about the benefits of the Instant Pot, here is a big one…homemade, from-scratch recipes (including pasta) can be made in a fraction of the time. Yes!!
This recipe is 100% for my kids who are huge mac and cheese fans. In the same amount of time to make a box mix, this cheesy, creamy macaroni was ready to go! Under 10 minutes to be precise, and with no powdered cheese, additives, or artificial colors. Just pasta, milk, butter, reduced fat cheese, and Dijon mustard for some depth of flavor. I love using coconut milk here but regular milk or almond milk could be substituted.
I went with the curly-q cavatappi noodles for fun, but feel free to use your favorite shapes. To keep it within clean eating guidelines, whole wheat pasta is the way to go. This was a huge hit and I’m looking forward to trying out other versions by adding some veggies and different sauces. Yum!
Looking for more family friendly Instant Pot recipes? Check out these popular posts for more inspiration (which also happen to be Whole30/Paleo approved)…Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Hamburger Soup, and Chicken Tikka Masala.
Instant Pot Macaroni & Cheese
- 16 oz box cavatappi pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 4 1/2 cups water or broth (I used half water, half chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups reduced fat cheddar
- Place pasta, water, and butter in the Instant Pot. If pasta isn't completely covered, add more liquid. Seal lid and cook on manual setting for 4 minutes.
- When cycle is complete, quick release pressure and unlock the lid. Stir in coconut milk, mustard, and cheese. Stir until combined well and cheese is completely melted.