Instant Pot Meal Prep Taco Bowls (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Meal Prep Taco Bowls (Whole30, Paleo, Keto) – fresh and light, these taco bowls are the best make ahead lunch! Keto, Paleo, Whole30 friendly and totally customizable.
It’s no secret that I love Meal Prep! I especially love to create meal prep bowls that make lunch time fun! These Meal Prep Taco Bowls are super simple but so delicious and satisfying. You’ll be looking forward to lunch all morning!
Often on meal prep day, I make a big batch of Instant Pot Taco Meat. It’s one of my daughter’s favorites, makes a ton, and is easy to use in salads and meals throughout the week. It’s also perfect for prepping lunch bowls. For this recipe, I combined the taco meat with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo salsa, and a guacamole cup. When it’s time to eat, I just toss it all together and dig in!
If you’re trying to stay on track with your clean eating goals, meal prep lunch bowls are the way to go. I find that having prepped meals ready to go reduces the temptation to cheat or eat out at lunch. I try to come up with fun combos of tasty food (like these Meal Prep Shepherd’s Pie Bowls) that will keep me satisfied and I will look forward to eating. Salads and leftovers get pretty boring, right? These Meal Prep Taco Bowls have just the right amount of protein, veggies, and healthy fats, but also tons of great flavor.
Variations on Instant Pot Meal Prep Taco Bowls
- Add some cauliflower rice or white rice (for non Paleo/Whole30)
- Load up the veggies! Add bell peppers (cooked or raw), additional greens, etc.
- For Keto diets, add olives for additional fat
- Use chicken, beef, or ground turkey for the taco meat
Meal Prep Instant Pot Taco Bowls (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
- 3 cups Instant Pot Taco Meat
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups pico de gallo salsa, see recipe below or favorite salsa
- 4 Wholly Guacamole cups
Instant Pot Taco Meat
- 2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper, any color
- 1 cup unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco & fajita seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- fresh cilantro (optional)
To Make the Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Using the saute function on your Instant Pot, brown the meat in the oil. Turn off Saute function. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Set pot for 8 minutes on the manual function. When cycle is complete, quick release the pressure (or wait 10 minutes for natural release.)
To Make the Taco Bowls
- Divide ingredients among four bowls/containers. Use approximately 3/4 cup meat, 1 cup lettuce, and 3/4 cup salsa per bowl. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Add a guacamole cup. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here