Instant Pot Minestrone Soup (Vegetarian Gluten Free) – simple, hearty, and budget friendly! This Instant Pot Minestrone Soup from “I Love My Instant Pot Affordable Meals” will be a family favorite for sure!
I recently received a copy of the I Love My Instant Pot Affordable Meals cookbook from Aileen of aileencooks.com to check out and am loving all the simple budget-friendly recipes for my Instant Pot. Easy recipes that are also easy on the budget – that’s my kind of cookbook! I have several recipes bookmarked to try including Cajun Dirty Rice, Spinach and Feta Stuffed Tilapia, Vegetable Tian, Refried Beans, and Pull Apart Pizza Bread (YUM!). I have to say this book would make an excellent Christmas gift for all the Instant Pot lovers on your list!
You guys have been requesting more vegetarian recipes so I had to share this recipe for Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. It was a cinch to make and so warm and hearty, perfect for the cold weather that has descended upon us here in Michigan. This Minestrone Soup is loaded with veggies but still adds a punch of protein from the beans. I’ve been making an extra effort to increase my veggie intake and incorporate meatless melas into our rotation and this soup is the perfect addition. Even my meat loving husband enjoyed it!
How to Make Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
To begin, use the Saute function to cook the onions and garlic.
Add the broth, water, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and spices to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
Next stir in the kale, beans, and pasta and cook on the Saute function for 8 minutes.
Variations on Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
To keep it gluten free, I used a small elbow shaped gluten free pasta. If this is not a concern, follow the recipe as written.
If desired, serve soup with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a swirl of olive oil.
To make this soup ahead, use these awesome soup freezer trays for freezing perfect portions. Then just pop out and reheat!
Use spinach in place of the kale if desired.
Other Recipes Like This:
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup (Vegetarian Gluten Free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup medium shell shaped pasta *see note for gluten free
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. Put oil and onion into Instant Pot. Cook onion 2 minutes until soft.
- Add in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add broth, water, potatoes, carrots, green beans, salt, oregano, and pepper to Instant Pot and mix.
- Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 2 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick release pressure and then unlock lid and remove it.
- Press Saute mode. Mix in kale, cannellini beans, kidney beans, and pasta. Let cook 8 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot off and serve.