Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes (Whole30 Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes (Whole30 Paleo) – fluffy baked potatoes topped with juicy ranch seasoned chicken, all cooked in one pot! A quick and easy family meal that is also great for meal prep!
If you love a tasty one pot meal, this recipe is for you! I’ve combined two basic recipes in one for a delicious meal the whole family will love. Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or prepping for the week ahead, these Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes are your answer!
The Instant Pot is great for cooking so many things, but did you know it also does double duty? By using your trivet (the one that comes with the pot), you can cook chicken and baked potatoes at the same time! I love the combo of taco-ranch seasoned chicken over baked potatoes, but this recipe is easily changed up with different flavors, if desired.
Below, I’ve detailed how to make Baked Potatoes and my Cool Ranch Chicken in the Instant Pot separately. You’ll be combining these two methods in one for this meal and it couldn’t be easier!
How to Make Baked Potatoes in the Instant Pot
To make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot, follow these steps for perfect potatoes every time!
You’ll need 4 larger sized russet potatoes or 6 smaller potatoes. Scrub potatoes clean and pierce with a fork. Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place trivet in the pot.
Arrange potatoes on the trivet. Seal lid and cook on Manual setting for 13 minutes.
Quick release the pressure and carefully remove potatoes. Let cool slightly before cutting.
Baked potatoes can also be stored in the refrigerator and reheated as necessary.
Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Recipe
I created this Instant Pot Cool Ranch Chicken Tacos Recipe several years ago and it has since been a family favorite. It’s wonderful for tacos, burritos, adding to salads, and great for prepping ahead. The homemade seasoning blends are super simple to throw together with basic pantry spices and make good sized batches for adding to other recipes. To make the chicken, you will need chicken breast, homemade ranch and taco seasonings, broth, and red wine vinegar.
Combine the liquids and seasonings in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Submerge the chicken breasts in the liquid, turning to coat. Cook on Manual setting for 6 minutes per pound of chicken. Let pressure release naturally, then remove chicken and shred.
Variations on Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
For Meal Prep, package servings of baked potatoes and Ranch chicken in individual containers. Then reheat when ready to eat.
A drizzle of Homemade Ranch Dressing really makes this meal. I love homemade Ranch dressing because it doesn’t contain processed vegetable oils and other additives, but feel free to use your favorite.
Change up the flavors by using different seasonings in place of the taco and ranch blends. For ideas, check out my Homemade Seasoning Blends post!
Sweet potatoes are a great substitute for the russet potatoes. Try these Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for a flavor packed meal.
Recipes Like This
Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, (or 6 small potatoes)
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons homemade ranch seasoning, see recipe below
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning, see recipe below
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Ranch Dressing, see homemade ranch recipe below
- Add broth, olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings to the the pot. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken in the liquid and turn to coat. Place trivet in the pot over the chicken.
- Pierce scrubbed potatoes with a fork and arrange on the trivet.
- Seal lid and cook on Manual setting for 13 minutes.
- Let pot depressurize for 5 minutes and manually release remaining pressure.
- Remove potatoes and set aside.
- Remove chicken and shred. Pour 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid over chicken and toss.
- Slice open baked potatoes and serve topped with a generous portion of the chicken and drizzle of ranch dressing.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here