Instant Pot Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – packed with veggies, protein, and big flavor, this quick chili will become a fast family favorite. Ready in minutes – dump, set, and forget! Whole30 compliant and Paleo friendly.
It may be nearly mid-April, but here in West Michigan it is still feeling like winter. While I’m definitely over cold weather and snow, I kinda don’t mind hanging onto soup season a bit longer! Soups are one of my favorite comfort foods – especially chili – and I am loving this turkey sweet potato version made in the Instant Pot. It’s loaded with veggies, flavor, and totally hits the spot on a chilly day!
Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
Although you’ll probably have everything you need for this recipe, it is very easily customized and versatile. Feel free to clean out the frig and add other veggies you have on hand. Beef can also be substituted for the ground turkey. You really can’t go wrong! Lots of peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, and my homemade chili seasoning add tons of flavor!
If you’re following a Paleo or Whole30 plan, this recipe will be one to add to the rotation! To keep this chili Whole30 compliant, I replaced the beans with sweet potatoes and added zucchini for some additional bulk. My Crockpot Whole30 Chili was the first bean-less chili recipe that I made and loved and I honestly don’t miss the beans in this version either.
This recipe is so easy and fast, perfect for Instant Pot Monday. Not sure if Instant Pot Monday was ever a real thing or if I made it up, but it has totally become part of our routine. For some reason, Monday meal time tends to be a little more hectic, so I look for simple and quick recipes that are also family friendly. Check out these other favorite Instant Pot Monday recipes for keeping weeknight meals stress free…they are also all Paleo/Whole30 and Keto friendly!
Do you have one of these glass lids for your Instant Pot? They are perfect for storing your leftovers right in the pot!
Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Chili (Whole30 Paleo Keto)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers any color(s)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or veggie broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning see recipe below
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on Saute function. Add ground turkey, cooking until browned and cooked through.
- Add all remaining ingredients and give a stir. Seal lid and set Pot for 8 minutes on Manual function. When cycle is complete, do a quick pressure release or wait 10 minutes for natural release.