Make Ahead Smoothie Packets – add this to your weekly meal prep for quick customizable fruit smoothies that are ready to go on busy mornings!
This time of year, I love to have a fresh fruit smoothie for breakfast. Even more, I love the simplicity of a made ahead frozen smoothie packet that can be thrown in the blender and ready in about 1 minute! As part of my weekly meal prep, I made these smoothie packets for an easy breakfast option this week. They are also great as a snack!
For an extra dose of veggies and protein in my smoothie, I add frozen spinach and yogurt cubes that have been made ahead. This step can be completed anytime, preferably when you have some extra spinach or yogurt that needs to get used up. This is so simple and totally worth the few minutes it takes to prepare! Check out these silicone ice cube trays I use to make the spinach and yogurt cubes.
Customize your packets according to your favorite fruit combinations, adding a spinach and yogurt cube (for Whole30/Paleo leave out the yogurt), and freeze in small Ziploc bags. Other add-in ideas are ground flax, chia seeds, or avocado. Once frozen, these are ready to blend with just a bit of added liquid. Coconut water is my favorite for blending the smoothies…did you know coconut water is full of natural electrolytes and contains more potassium that a banana??
Favorite Make Ahead Smoothie Packet Combos
Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas
Oranges, Pineapple, Bananas
Strawberries, Kiwi, Bananas
Pineapple, Mango, Oranges
The possibilities are endless and you can’t go wrong!
Make Ahead Smoothie Packets
- 8-10 cups chopped fruit, such as strawberries, bananas, pineapple, kiwi, mango, oranges, and blueberries
- frozen vanilla Greek yogurt cubes
- frozen spinach cubes
For the spinach and yogurt cubes:
- To make the spinach cubes, place approximately 4 cups fresh spinach leaves into a blender or food processor. Pulse and puree, adding water in small amounts until reaches a liquid consistency. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- To make the yogurt cubes, place about 2 cups of yogurt into a large Ziploc bag. Make into a piping bag by cutting the tip off one corner of the bag. Squeeze yogurt into ice cube trays and freeze.
For the Smoothie Packets:
- To assemble each packet, use approximately 1-1 1/2 cups of desired fruit combination, 1 spinach cube, and 1 yogurt cube. Place into a sandwich size plastic bag and seal. Freeze.
- When ready to eat, place the contents of smoothie packet into a blender. Add about 1/2 cup liquid (coconut water, water, almond milk, etc.) and blend until smooth. Add more liquid as needed.
- Note: For Whole30/Paleo diets, do not use yogurt cubes or milk for blending.