Meal Prep Mason Jar Cobb Salad (Whole30, Paleo)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Meal Prep Mason Jar Cobb Salad (Whole30, Paleo) – lunch is served with this made-ahead fresh and tasty Cobb Salad! Add to your meal prep routine for an easy and nutritious salad that is ready to go!
Happy Weekend Friends!! Welcome to my weekly Meal Prep post! At my house, weekends are for designated family fun time and dabbling in the never ending list of home projects. They are also for meal prepping for the week ahead. I started this habit last year and no longer stress about packing lunches and last minute dinner plans. Just an hour or two on Sunday devoted to Meal Prep saves on time, money, and stress!
Every week I will be posting a new Meal Prep recipe along with my favorite tips and Meal Prep plan for the week ahead. I am so excited about this week’s recipe!! These Mason Jar Cobb Salads are my new favorite thing and have been a life saver on this round of Whole30. Full of flavorful ingredients, tons of protein, and crunchy veggies, this meal is seriously satisfying.
True confession moment…I have a slight mason jar obsession. I have an extensive collection in all sizes, and use them for EVERYHING. I’ve officially ditched the plastic tupperware and instead my frig is stocked with mason jars full of soups, salads, leftovers, sauces, dressings, you name it. They are the just the handiest for storing food, are freezer safe, and are absolutely perfect for make ahead salads like this one! They’re also totally economical and chemical free, which is something I’m trying to be more conscious of.
How to Make Mason Jar Salads (follow this order!)
- Prepare your large mason jar (smaller is fine too).
- Layer one – your dressing
- Layer two – hearty veggies that can stand up to being “marinated” in the dressing, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, etc.
- Layer three – protein like eggs and chicken, cheese, and nuts, etc.
- Layer four – your lettuce.
- The idea is that if you were to dump the contents of the jar into a bowl, you would have a perfectly composed salad!
Several components of this Mason Jar Cobb Salad (like hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot) are part of my regular weekly meal prep, making it extra easy to throw together. If you are just beginning on the Meal Prep journey, check out these tips and start with the following basic plan. Then get busy prepping these salads for a week of easy grab-and-go lunches!
Meal Prep Basic Plan
Make 1-2 Proteins for lunches and adding to meals. Examples:
Make a Soup for easy lunches or a quick weeknight dinner. Examples:
Make some Flavor Boosters. Examples:
Make a Snack. Examples:
Meal Prep Mason Jar Cobb Salad (Whole30 Plaeo)
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Whole30 Ranch Dressing, or compliant brand, see recipe below
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Whole30 compliant bacon, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken breast, see recipe below
- 1 1/2 cups romaine, bibb, or lettuce of choice
- Layer ingredients into a large mason jar in the order listed, adjusting amounts to taste. Store in refrigerator and pour into a large bowl when ready to eat. Toss to combine.
- *Note: these amounts will roughly make one large mason jar salad. Increase or decrease amounts, depending on what size and how many salads you are making.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here