Meal Prep Protein Bowls (Gluten Free) – make these protein packed bowls for a fast and easy nutritious lunch on the go! Gluten and dairy free.
One of my favorite make ahead lunch ideas is a protein bowl. Combining greens, meat, eggs, and a hearty protein-packed grain is sure to leave you full and satisfied. These bowls are completely customizable, but the combo here is one of my favorites. Shredded chicken, spinach, hard boiled eggs, and red quinoa are topped with my Homemade Ranch Dressing for a super delicious meal!
On Meal Prep day, I utilize my Instant Pot for batch cooking to speed up the process. Both the shredded chicken and hard boiled eggs in this recipe are made in the Instant Pot…so quick and easy! I love the Instant Pot because it makes quick work of so many recipes, while freeing me up to do other prep while it works.
Nearly every week, I make a batch of this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken. It’s great to have on hand for these Meal Prep Protein Bowls and so many other meals! Another of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot is hard boiled eggs. They take 5 minutes to cook and peel like a dream!
Meal Prep Protein Bowls Variations & Tips
- Make it Paleo/Whole30 friendly and skip the quinoa.
- Sub your favorite dressing for the Homemade Ranch Dressing or try this Whole30 approved Asian Sesame Dressing.
- Add in other veggies like tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, and radishes.
- Use any meat in place of the chicken, such as Instant Pot Pork Carnitas or Mexican Chipotle Beef.
- Instead of quinoa, try farro or add in some beans/chickpeas for additional protein.
Here are my favorite bowls and salad dressing containers for meal prep protein bowls!
Meal Prep Protein Bowls (Gluten Free) - make these protein packed bowls for fast and easy nutritious lunch on the go! Gluten and dairy free.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 4 hard boiled eggs see below for Instant Pot recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast see below for Instant Pot recipe
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- homemade Ranch Dressing or dressing of choice
Divide all ingredients equally among 4 containers. Seal and refrigerate until ready to eat. When serving, add dressing.
*this post contains affiliate links