Meal Prep Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups (Whole30 Paleo) – Asian inspired ground chicken lettuce cups make the best meal prep lunch! Tons of protein, flavor, and crunch in this nutritious meal. Whole30/Paleo approved!
I’m so excited to share this week’s Meal Prep recipe! If you’re like me and crave Asian and Thai inspired flavors, you’re going to love this one! These Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups really hit the spot for a healthy lunch that is full of great flavor.
Lately lettuce wraps/cups are my favorite way to prep ahead lunch. It’s so easy to customize with some flavor-boosted protein, crunchy veggies, and maybe a little sauce or other toppings. These Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of my all time favorites!
To bulk up the meat mixture for this recipe, I combined ground chicken and finely chopped mushrooms. The mushrooms blend nicely with the meat, bring added nutrition, and easily absorb the Thai inspired flavors of the sauce. The sauce used to season the meat/mushroom mixture couldn’t be easier with only three ingredients!
Pro Tips for Meal Prep Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
- For mix and match meal prep lettuce wraps, make a couple different batches of protein/meat (like this Shredded Chicken or Mexican Shredded Beef), prep plenty of chopped veggies, and some Homemade Mayo or Ranch. Then combine and mix and match your ingredients all week long for fun and delicious lunches.
- Get these glass meal prep containers here for easy packing and storing in the frig. Let’s get prepping for nutritious, tasty, and stress free lunches all week long!
If you love this recipe, check out more Whole30 Meal Prep Bowls here!
Meal Prep Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups (Whole30 Paleo)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or hot sauce optional
- 1 cup carrots and red bell peppers, cut into matchsticks
- 8-12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, heat avocado and sesame oils over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to soften.
- Add ground chicken and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, breaking up into small crumbles.
- Stir in green onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, almond butter, and fish sauce until smooth. Add to the skillet and stir well. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
To assemble Meal Prep Bowls
- Place 3/4 cup (more or less to taste), 2-3 lettuce leaves, and 1/4 cup carrots and red peppers into 3 compartment containers. Refrigerate until ready to eat! ASsemble lettuce cups and top with additional sriarcha or hot sauce if desired.