Mini Pumpkin Applesauce Blender Muffins (Gluten Free) – these bite-sized muffins are naturally sweetened, gluten free, and so simple to make in the blender! A perfect breakfast alternative or healthy snack!
I’ve been meaning to create a recipe for blender muffins for some time and finally came up with a winner! If you’re not familiar, blender muffins are the absolute coolest…you throw all your ingredients in the blender to make the batter, pour it into a muffin tin, and done! So simple and perfect for gluten free baking. There are no refined sugars or flour in this recipe – just good-for you, natural ingredients!
My weekly Meal Prep almost includes a batch of muffins. I like to have them on hand for my kids for breakfast on-the-go and snacking. I have found that keeping cereal in the house isn’t a good idea (my kids lose all control!) so healthy muffins have become my favorite breakfast replacement. When making muffins, I always go with natural sweeteners and no added refined sugars and my kids love them! These Gluten Free Banana Muffins are one of our favorites.
For these blender muffins, I went with pumpkin flavor because we love it! In our house, pumpkin isn’t reserved only for fall recipes – I use it all year long. Pumpkin is a great source of Vitamin A and also adds moisture to the muffins. The applesauce and dates add some natural sweetness and the pumpkin pie spice and oats bring extra nuttiness and flavor.
Mini Pumpkin Applesauce Blender Muffins Tips & Variations
- I love the mini bite sized version, but you could also use a standard sized muffin tin.
- Chocolate chips are optional. Instead of stirring them into the batter, place 2-3 on top of each muffin before baking. This cuts down on the amount but still entices kids to eat the muffins. 🙂
- Nuts, dried cranberries, or raisins would also be great add-ins.
- Make a double batch and freeze some for later!
- If your dates are not pretty soft to start, soak them in some very hot water prior to adding to the blender.
- High speed blenders (like a Vitamix or something similar) work best for this recipe and other blender muffins.
Mini Pumpkin Applesauce Blender Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 1 1/4 cups oats gluten free if desired
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Medjool dates
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice see homemade recipe below
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips optional use dairy free chips for DF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a high speed blender. Process until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour mixture into muffin tin. Bake for 12 minutes.