Mix & Match Chicken Foil Packets (Whole30 Paleo Keto) – six delicious flavor combinations to please the whole crowd! Mix and match your favorite ingredients and seasonings for these easy chicken foil packets, perfect for the grill, oven, or campfire! Whole30, Paleo, and Keto friendly.
In my family (like most), there are plenty of different opinions when it comes to favorite foods. It can definitely keep a Momma on her toes, trying to please everyone and their individual tastes! Which is why I love create-your-own meals – pizzas, salads, and these Mix & Match Chicken Foil Packets! They’re a super healthy and fun meal that the whole family will have fun making and eating!
Often when I’m in a meal rut and at a loss for what to make for dinner, I like to grab some meat from the freezer and clean out the veggie drawer. Then I add a flavor booster from one of my Homemade Seasoning Blends and toss it all together on a sheet pan or a stir fry. Some of our favorite meals are made this way! I figured it would work on a smaller scale, cooked in foil packets, and with endless possibilities of flavors and ingredients!
How to Make Foil Packet Dinners
To make these foil packets, simply prepare a variety of cut veggies, chunks of boneless skinless chicken breast (I love the organic chicken from Butcher Box!), and homemade seasonings (or store bought.) Then let everyone build their own combination of ingredients, wrap in foil, and grill them up! I love the foil packet method of cooking because it’s totally versatile and fuss free. Easy clean-up is another added bonus! We love to cook these foil packet dinners on the grill, but they can also be cooked in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Or for an easy camp dinner, prepare all the ingredients ahead and store in individual containers – then let everyone create their own foil packet to cook over the campfire. Fun, healthy, and no dishes!
To ensure everything cooks through evenly, be sure to cut your veggies into bite sized pieces, while the chicken can be cut into large chunks. If using potatoes, be sure to use small baby potatoes, cut in half or quarters. Yukon gold potatoes are excellent for foil packet dinners because they are naturally softer and cook faster than red or russet potatoes. Another pro tip – use heavy duty aluminum foil for best results! It won’t tear and will hold up well to flipping on the grill.
Healthy Chicken Foil Packet Recipes – Suggested Combinations
Cajun Chicken Foil Packet – chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, olive oil, Cajun seasoning
Fajita Chicken Foil Packet – chicken, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, onions, Taco & Fajita Seasoning
Italian Chicken Foil Packet – chicken, cherry tomatoes, green beans, onion, Mediterranean or Italian Seasoning
Ranch Chicken Foil Packet – chicken, baby potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, Ranch seasoning
Garlic Lovers Chicken Foil Packet – chicken, mushrooms, baby potatoes, green beans, Garlic Salt seasoning
Jerk Chicken Foil Packet – chicken, bell peppers, onion, baby potatoes, Jerk seasoning
More Recipes Like This:
Mix & Match Chicken Foil Packets (Whole30 Paleo Keto)Print Pin Rate
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers cut into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow onion cut into chunks
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz baby potatoes cut into small chunks
- 4 oz green beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Seasonings divided, see recipe links below
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided between packets
- Prepare desired ingredients (amounts listed are guides only, adjust to your preferences.)
- Prepare 6 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- For each foil packet, add chicken chunks (about 4 oz) and desired vegetables to a small bowl. Add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1-2 teaspoons of desired seasoning. Mix well.
- Place mixture onto prepared foil sheet. Fold up sides, sealing the edges.
- Place foil packets on a preheated grill over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Check for doneness.