No Bake Clif Bar Cookies (Gluten Free)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
No Bake Clif Bar Cookies – these energy boosting no-bake treats are a cinch to make and are naturally sweetened and gluten free!
These No Bake Clif Bar Cookies are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up snack or grab and go breakfast. Full of energy-boosting wholesome ingredients, these delicious cookies are sure to become a family favorite. The taste and texture remind me of a Clif Bar, but not the cost!
I love to make my own healthier and more economical versions of our favorite store bought items. My family sometimes groans about this and occasionally they have good reason…because my cheaper ‘healthified’ version just doesn’t quite measure up. This is definitely not the case here. They are devoured every time!
These cookies have no added refined sugar and are sweetened by a tiny bit of honey and dates. The dates are ground in a food processor to make a paste, which is perfect for holding together the dry ingredients. Customize any way you like by adding raisins or other dried fruit, nuts, mini chocolate chips, flax or chia seeds, etc. The drizzle of dark chocolate is awfully nice, but can certainly be skipped if you’re not into that kind of thing (what?!!?). Enjoy!
For more copycat recipe inspiration, check out these Amy’s Brand Quinoa Black Bean Burritos.
No Bake Clif Bar Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup date paste, see instructions below
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup oats, gluten free if desired
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Optional: up to 1/2 cup add-ins such as nuts, raisins, mini chocolate chips, craisins, etc.)
- To make the date paste, combine 1 cup (about 20) large pitted dates and 6 tablespoons hot water in a food processor. Pulse until forms a paste (okay if some small chunks remain). Add additional hot water if needed.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl. Microwave about 30 seconds until peanut butter is slightly melted. Remove and stir. Add date paste and combine well.
- Stir in cereal and oats, and add-ins if desired. Form into 1-2 inch balls and flatten to a cookie shape (or press into a pan and use a small round cutter to cut out cookies.)
- Place cookies on a wax paper lined baking sheet and drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here